Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Advice on Mounting System for Foam Floats

I'm looking for mounting hardware advice and techniques for foam, Balsa sheetedfloats. I would like to use aluminum StreamLine Tubing for my mounting systembut need to knowwhat attaches to the streamlined tubing at both ends for mounting and how do you install mounting blocks in the foam, surface mount or do you recess the hardwood down into the foam? Any suggestions or references would be greatly appreciated.
    These will be 42" floats on an 87" Beaver.
    Thanks
    Steve

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Advice on Mounting System for Foam Floats

I'll be mounting my floats up in the next couple of days, I'll post some pics.

I'll be using aluminum straight into the floats [X(]

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Advice on Mounting System for Foam Floats

Steve,
    The tip floats on my kingfisher have the tubing epoxied into the float, then I took hardwood and shaped to so the tube would slip over it, I then epoxied that into the foam wing panel and use bolts to hold it on.

Down side is if it gets damaged it's very difficult to remove that tubing to replace,, I don't think I'd glue directly into foam for a major attach system

Search the Seacommander.com site, the have may pictures to give you ideas,, good luck
    You're so smart,, you figured out how to read this!! Or maybe ya just got lucky??