Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Seaplanes
Reload this Page >

BEARCAT-FISH MAIDEN

Community
Search
Notices
Seaplanes Aircraft that typically take off and land on water...radio control seaplane discussions are in here.

BEARCAT-FISH MAIDEN

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2011, 03:18 PM
SIMCO
My Feedback: (33)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default BEARCAT-FISH MAIDEN

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9iAXQIYc67k. Thought you would like to see a 30 year old Bearcat converted to a fish. G-62 power. The float split on landing. Building foamies for next weekend's event. Hope to have more video.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Mk27670.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	164.4 KB
ID:	1640374  
Old 07-26-2011, 07:20 PM
Carlos G

Default RE: BEARCAT-FISH MAIDEN

Hi Simco,

Nice rendition of a 'Cat on floats. Good flying sequence and looks to be a great location for flying off water.

You may wish to enlarge your floats a bit. It appears your floats are just barely able to support the weight of the plane. You might also consider adding a dorsal fin to the plane to increase its stability. Most float conversions need that extra bit of dorsal fin. The Wildcat in your pictures had a significant amount of vertical stabilzer area added to the plane.

Keep us posted on your 'Cat!

Carlos G.
Old 07-26-2011, 09:18 PM
SIMCO

This airplane was an assortment of parts I had on Hand. Floats were 1/4 scale from a Taylorcraft. I knew they were too small. The new floats are 8 inchs longer. Foamies from SEA PLANE SUPPLY.( I just payed more for the floats than I payed for the airplane.) Should hold the weight just fine. As far as stability goes it was solid as a rock. More my nerves than the airplane. Took all of 1 click of down trim to fly hands off. Like the side of the airplane says TEST. I'm happy with right now.
Old 08-07-2011, 08:45 AM
SIMCO

Here's another shot from this weekend with a new set of Seaplane supply floats. Rides alot nicer. On the balancer it was a tad heavy. Took weight off the front end for the lighter floats but not enough. Going to readjust again. Just a pain in the butt to maneuver.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ki19932.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	78.7 KB
ID:	1645544