Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Seaplanes
Reload this Page >

Maxford Neptune V1 Color info needed

Community
Search
Notices
Seaplanes Aircraft that typically take off and land on water...radio control seaplane discussions are in here.

Maxford Neptune V1 Color info needed

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2011, 04:56 PM
bigR
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Maxford Neptune V1 Color info needed

Hi,

I crashed my Maxford Neptune yesterday and need to do some major repair. The wing and pylon have to be replaced but the fuselage is OK except for some torn covering.

Does anybody know what brand and color name the covering should be? This is the Version One with the yellow wing with blue and red trim. I found that Ultracote Bright Yellow matches the wing pretty closely. What I need is a brand and name for the blue color that is on the fuselage sides. The LHS has a limited covering selection and I don't want to order something off the 'Net sight unseen. Picking colors based on what is on a computer monitor isn't a good way to go.

Thanks,

John in Kalifornia
Old 08-15-2011, 01:13 PM
Oberst
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Maxford Neptune V1 Color info needed

Sorry. I know that Ultra "True White" and "Cub yellow" are a perfect match for my other Neptune, but not my second one. Not every Neptune V1 is covered with the exact same colors. My other Neptune is a lighter yellow than my second, so there's no way to know what will exactly match.

I talked to Mr.Lee from China and he hand makes all his planes and boats by hand with only a few workers. When he runs out of covering he'll use, a different kind of yellow, blue, white and red so he can keep up with the production demands. What he uses is a form of China-Kote. Just remember that it only needs a very low heat setting on the iron when you want to get the wrinkles out. Most of the time I just use my trim iron and just hit the spots when needed. Keep an eye out on the covering, it will want to come apart at the seams from air/waterflow. I usually hit my seams with a iron just before I take it out to fly. And when the covering finally gets bad enough, I just recover the whole plane. Mono on the bottom hull and wing pontoons, and Ultra for the top.

Maxford no longer carries the original Neptune because of a business fall out with Mr. Lee, so I like to now call them the League Models Neptune because the original Neptune is still being produced, but there's no American distributor as of yet. It will be soon that the only way we Americans can order a Neptune, it will have to be shipped from overseas.

Pete