Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Seaplanes
Reload this Page >

we flew again today

Community
Search
Notices
Seaplanes Aircraft that typically take off and land on water...radio control seaplane discussions are in here.

we flew again today

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2002, 05:32 PM
donkey doctor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default we flew again today

Hello; We had a great turn out at the lake today, Bill Bond broke the tail off his brandenberg loading it up so he flew his catalina, Bill Bennet had a few tough flights, because of Bob Skinner's help. Hans was there with his new Beaver, Con had the schneider cup racer out. I had the Bingo out, Mark Wald had a twin engined Gruman Goose lookalike, a few puddle masters, one electric one gas. Bill had a flame out on his Catalina on take off, he was out of the water so he just went for it, it rose up no problem, he could turn in both directions. After he greased it in, he could even taxi on one engine, no water rudder. I got to try out the electric thruster on the boat when I flew the Bingo out of fuel, sure beats rowing, silent too.Lots of spectators today, asking good questions. We had a quality(?) de-briefing session at Wendy's lotsa fun[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]