Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Seaplanes
Reload this Page >

Amphib Beaver with headlights...

Notices
Seaplanes Aircraft that typically take off and land on water...radio control seaplane discussions are in here.

Amphib Beaver with headlights...

Old 01-14-2012, 05:57 PM
cublover
My Feedback: (47)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Amphib Beaver with headlights...

Here is a short video for guys who like to add a few things when building ARF's. This is the ESM Beaver I got for X-mas.. Added amphib floats off my cub, and headlights so far....

http://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=http...Zi1wD4L7QfVrzQ

Old 01-14-2012, 06:24 PM
Laird SS

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Amphib Beaver with headlights...

Never heard of a plane with "headlights", much less alternating flashing. Landing lights, yes. Headlights??? Doesn't look too scale to me.
Old 01-15-2012, 06:13 AM
scale only 4 me
My Feedback: (158)

Received 51 Likes on 49 Posts

I think them being used as switched on/off landing lights would be cool,, IMO they do look funny blinking. I'd use the blinking relay on a belly mounted light,, that would be more scale like. Then you'll have to install red/green wingtip and a light for the top of the fin to round it all out..

Have fun
Old 01-15-2012, 06:29 AM
cf-drg
My Feedback: (1)

As far as scale goes.. Most of the Beavers and all of the Turbo Otters up here have the alternating flashing wing lights.. You can always see them coming, miles away..
Old 01-15-2012, 07:23 PM
cublover

ORIGINAL: cf-drg

As far as scale goes.. Most of the Beavers and all of the Turbo Otters up here have the alternating flashing wing lights.. You can always see them coming, miles away..

CF, It never shocks me anymore of people just responding before doing homework....I have seen about a 100 of beavers up in Alaska that have this light set up....to damn funny...
Old 01-15-2012, 07:35 PM
cublover

ooopss.......don't ya hate that???.....yes,,you are right about the "landing light's" thing, But I do love you tube!!! Great "Scale Ideas" come from there, well at least for me!! took me 10 seconds to find it...have a watch!! I guess it looks funny....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PN-FgrIDBzM
Old 01-15-2012, 07:51 PM
Desertlakesflying
My Feedback: (28)

Received 62 Likes on 53 Posts

Leave it to the guy in Canada who see's these regularly to have correct information.

Got to love RCU.......

A whole lot of people without a clue that can't wait to bash the next person to post.

I'll make sure I pass it on to my friends at Reno Tahoe International look funny when they come in with their landing lights flashing back and forth.

In the video he does mention that he would have got the slower one in hind sight, but if make a mistake around here it's to the flame pit with you.

Funny how one of the people who commented is on my block list. Go figure. Good thing you weren't posting in the jet forums about having a model of a 737 with lights like that, there'd be a whole lot more trashing based on ignorance than there is here.

Like cublover said.....people need to start doing their homework.
Old 01-15-2012, 08:16 PM
scale only 4 me
My Feedback: (158)

Received 51 Likes on 49 Posts

Honest mistake,, I wasn't bashing but offering an opinion, turns out it was ill informed,, sorry my mistake.
Old 01-15-2012, 08:24 PM
cublover

Well it takes a gent to admit when he was wrong. Good day to you sir. I happen to know cubs and beavers,,,,its a passion with me....I study them to make sure i get a nice stand off scale look...Rod
Old 01-27-2012, 08:58 PM
Alaskawild1

Cool idea on the lights cub!
I live in the beaver capitol of the world and when we get em going in full forve for tourist season I'll take a video of 15 or 20 beavers and otters taking off and landing within about 10 minutes.

My dad had a 1980's that i got to fly a couple times and I've decided to make it my first scale plane as it seems to have room for me to find a way to mount my GoPro camera to so I can take some video.

If anyone has any thought fire away!
Old 01-27-2012, 09:42 PM
Wayne22
My Feedback: (2)

Your Beaver looks cool .....

And yes, Airliners do it too............
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yfv4W0rmNus&feature=related[/youtube]
Old 01-28-2012, 06:58 AM
Lamoilleriver

I like the lights, should look pretty cool, especially coming in on final. Adding this to my "something I want to try" list.
Old 01-29-2012, 08:22 AM
cublover

ORIGINAL: Alaskawild1

Cool idea on the lights cub!
I live in the beaver capitol of the world and when we get em going in full forve for tourist season I'll take a video of 15 or 20 beavers and otters taking off and landing within about 10 minutes.

My dad had a 1980's that i got to fly a couple times and I've decided to make it my first scale plane as it seems to have room for me to find a way to mount my GoPro camera to so I can take some video.

If anyone has any thought fire away!
Here is my go-pro in my cub, and yes it will be in the beaver as well....I did change the settings on the camera,,I didnt like the "looking out of a fish bowl look"...I love the cam..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N6i14...AUadwLfHfbcEza
Old 01-09-2013, 08:49 PM
dbkvn

cublover....Interested in learning how you make the wheels retract on the floats...Kevin in Denver