Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Sea bird rebuild

I have a Lanier Sea Bird that I understand is not a good flyer. I saw a old post about a rebuild where the builder added almost afoot to the wing and took wieght out of the nose. Does anyone have any ideas on how to do the wing to make this a better flyer?

Thanks

RE: Sea bird rebuild

I don't know what the seabird looks like however, I added a bit of lenth to one of my first planes by cutting out the material between the top and bottom spars on the wing tip and putting in a piece of ply, like a wing joiner to connect another section of wing that I built with the same airfoil as the original. The wing tips do not carry much of the load, so super strength may not be need. Another way that just came to me may be to just hotwire out a lenth of wing out of foam, put a balsa spar top and bottom and glue it flush to the squared off end of your wing and then cover it. Six inches each side would give you one foot extra wing length.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Sea bird rebuild

Thanks for the help I think I might just add to the wing halves by adding four or five ribs.