Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Seaplanes
Reload this Page >

T'nT' OS2U Kingfishers

Notices
Seaplanes Aircraft that typically take off and land on water...radio control seaplane discussions are in here.

T'nT' OS2U Kingfishers

Old 05-29-2012, 09:47 AM
chistech

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default T'nT' OS2U Kingfishers

T'nT' Kinfishers: Tom and Ted's Kingfishers at Mary's Pond, Rochester MA. This past Memorial Day weekend Tom Reiner (Scale only 4 me) of Avon Lake, OH was a guest of the Bristol County RC club and did some float flying with us here in MA. Though the weather was sunny and warm the wind was up slightly but from the worst direction for our launching area. There was approx. 10 members attending and 10-12 airplanes. There were cubs, seawinds, and Widgeons getting airtime along with the Kingfishers. I was able to get in a couple flights with my BT Kingfisher which included a couple new maneuvers for me, taking off and landing directly at myself. Not the easiest thing to do but luckily both takeoffs and landings were uneventful. I had just changed my glow fuel brand and had a flame out on the taxi back on the second flight. Some more tuning of the low speed needle is in order Unfortunately, Tom has some fuel line issues and was only able to get some limited airtime with his Kingfisher but he did fly it here in New England. It was nice meeting him and enjoying his company. This is what RC is all about and especially float flying.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Sq46751.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	111.4 KB
ID:	1767008   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ea84605.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	157.3 KB
ID:	1767009   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ot47002.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	191.0 KB
ID:	1767010   Click image for larger version

Name:	Qo39319.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	183.5 KB
ID:	1767011  
Old 05-29-2012, 11:14 AM
Charlie P.

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default RE: T'nT' OS2U Kingfishers

Looking great!  A Vought is on my bucket list.  I had a 1/72 scale model as a kid.

I ran out of lake once when landing at myself.  It was either "beach" or "beech", and I figured it was easier to bend over than climb.  The dock we use is overshadowed by trees.  It's hypnotizing watching the model come in, meet it's reflection and seeing the spray from head-on.

It's not like at the airfield - where half the runway is over your shoulder.  ;-)
Old 05-29-2012, 06:13 PM
scale only 4 me
My Feedback: (158)

Received 51 Likes on 49 Posts

Ted,
I had a great time even though we didn't get them up together. It was a pleasure meeting you and Gerry. We'll have to try and make it happen another time.

Charlie, go for it,, would love to see another being built
Old 05-30-2012, 10:01 AM
chistech

Hi Tom,
Glad you made it home safe. Sorry I couldn't spend more time but with all of us, the family stuff is important. Maybe when the wife and I are traveling we might make it out your way again. I'll let you know as I would like to take her to Cleveland HD. That store is pretty cool with store fronts all inside the same building including it's own soda bar. Not sure if you know the place but I've been there once when I was in the Cleveland area for work. Hope you get those small issues taken care of on the KF. Glad you could make it. Not sure if you spoke with a guy who was there by the name of Peter. He is currently also making a BT Kingfisher on floats following my thread. It should be great to see all these Kingfishers flying someday.

Ted
Old 05-30-2012, 04:48 PM
scale only 4 me

Peter actually did tell me about it,, I look forward to seeing it,,, I'm not a harley guy,, maybe if the start making dirt bikes
Old 05-30-2012, 06:07 PM
chistech

When it comes to those I'm a KTM guy. My son motor crossed them for years when he was younger qualifying for Loretta Lynn's a couple times. Went to Jap bikes and never did as well. Now he's gone back to the KTM.
Old 05-31-2012, 03:52 AM
scale only 4 me

Had to take the most Orange off my last one

w/street wheels for running around town http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y25...y/100_0641.jpg

and after a day of play http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y25...y/100_0642.jpg

Old 05-31-2012, 11:53 AM
chistech

Wow, that's pretty funny we even have the same tastes in dirt bikes. Is that a 450 EXC or a 525? Love the white look. My son had so many different size bikes during the race years we never changed the plastics too much. When your racing your spending sooooo much money already my motto was, if it ain't broke don't fix it and don't waste money on "go fast parts". Go fast parts was my nickname for bling stuff. My son was like a girl that way and wanted all the colorful stuff that didn't do sh2t to make you go any faster. I told him if you got it for Christmas it could go on the bike. If I bought it, it was going to be necessary parts only. Of course, his mom always told him I was a hard ***** and it had to be my way. That's why we're divorced almost 20 years now!
Old 05-31-2012, 01:55 PM
scale only 4 me

It's an '04 450 exc,, after 6 years of dual sport rides it was time for a fresh look.