Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Seaplanes
Reload this Page >

Originally unwanted for $250

Community
Search
Notices
Seaplanes Aircraft that typically take off and land on water...radio control seaplane discussions are in here.

Originally unwanted for $250

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2012, 09:48 AM
chistech

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Originally unwanted for $250

I had a nice Goldberg cub with a OS 61 FS, all servos, battery, Goldberg floats, and JR 72 mhz receiver for sale for $250 and I had some guys tell me I was crazy wanting that much. It is done up in OD coverite fabric all painted and done nicely. The only issue was the application of the star & bars being put on upside down on the wing (previous owner). The floats were silver monocoted that needed redoing. Well, I had been taking this plane to the field to fly and it flies great letting another club member fly it. It flies along at 1/4 throttle and he was sold right then and there. I told him the price with the floats and he said he would take it. After all the other "cheapos" trying to buy it for $100 I decided I would recover the floats for the new owner because he immediately saw the value and didn't try to offer less. I stripped the floats of all old covering, sanded them down and applied Balsarite. I then recovered with aluminum Solartex and man did they come out nice. The Solartex really seals well on the seams and its very easy to work with around the curves. I reassembled the cub and we maiden it yesterday on the floats. The new owner had never flown a plane of this size off the water just a electric seawind. He is a new pilot with less than one year under his belt yet I was able to teach him how to take off and land in about three tanks of fuel. The old OS 61 has gobs of power and easily lifts this off the water at 1/2 throttle with a 12x6 prop. The new owner is very happy and I think he got himself a very nice float plane for the right price. I can't understand how some in this hobby think that a nice flying float plane with all the enmities this one has is not worth the $250. I guess I just see more value than some in a man's work and his belongings. Maybe it's the ARF market that has really ruined the value of our aircraft. I have included pics of it with is land gear and floats. Sorry no pics of it on the water.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Rp44550.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	102.5 KB
ID:	1771481   Click image for larger version

Name:	Up48488.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	148.3 KB
ID:	1771482   Click image for larger version

Name:	Di10935.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	71.5 KB
ID:	1771483   Click image for larger version

Name:	Qk21913.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	70.8 KB
ID:	1771484  
Old 06-12-2012, 10:58 AM
Charlie P.

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default RE: Originally unwanted for $250

Everyone made out.  If you know you like how a model flies before you buy it that's worth $100 right there.  I've had more than a few disappointments - and that's a killer when it's a kit.  Not that someone else wouldn't have liked it (as was the case).  Certain models suit certain people.

But those stars would kill me.  I wouldn't sleep knowing that was in the cellar needing fixing. 
Old 06-12-2012, 05:09 PM
splintermaker

All BS !!! That's a good deal for everybody!!!   He's HAPPY..... you're HAPPY!!....... No problem !!!
Old 06-12-2012, 08:25 PM
flybyjohn
My Feedback: (2)

You couldn't buy everything used separately for that price. A used 60 four stroke would easily net you half that cost on ebay and then rx, servos, battery, floats, and hardware would cost you at least the rest and then don't forget the plane. 250 is a great price for a ready to fly plane. Look at the foam ready to fly toys they are selling in retail stores for the same price.
Old 06-15-2012, 02:48 PM
Wayne22
My Feedback: (2)

As with any used item, it is worth exactly what someone is willing to pay for it.....the trick is to find someone that places the same value on it as you do......

Congratulations on the deal!