Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Seaplanes
Reload this Page >

8' Otter scratch build

Community
Search
Notices
Seaplanes Aircraft that typically take off and land on water...radio control seaplane discussions are in here.

8' Otter scratch build

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2013, 02:25 PM
Roger Gray

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 8' Otter scratch build

I'm about to start a scratch build of an 8 foot ws Otter using plans enlarged from a 6 ft. ws Unionville kit a friend gave me. Has anyone built the Unionville 8 ft. Otter kit?
Old 03-24-2013, 12:18 PM
Otter Guy

Default RE: 8' Otter scratch build

I did the 6'. fly's decently enough, but its kind of a pile of **** lol. its not a very scale cross section for the fuse and some of the material choices aren't really adequite, like balsa spars.. if i was scratch building from plans i would add a ton of things, like doors, and formers, and personal taste i would probably fully sheet it and paint it. the tail came out with a really nice shape though. should have tons of room under the cowl. i made a custom functional exhaust pipe on one side.

good luck with her
Old 03-24-2013, 06:31 PM
Roger Gray

Thanks, I'll keep you posted. I may use several different mediums in this construction.
Old 04-04-2013, 07:42 PM
Roger Gray

I now have the Print from the 6' Unionville Otter increased to an eight foot wingspan!  This thing is huge!  While overlooking the new plan I noticed it does not have the horizontal stabilizer and the elevator shown.  I must see a 3-view or get the general shape and relative size compared to the wing from somewhere.  Any suggestions?
Old 05-02-2013, 01:34 AM
Otter Guy

did it get cut off? its on my plan.
Old 05-02-2013, 04:06 PM
Roger Gray

This print only shows the very end of the horizontal stab and the elevator and has a comment to see scale notes-done as a cut away. There is nothing I can see the full size to construct from. I only have one sheet -do have more?