Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Seaplanes
Reload this Page >

The correct way to take and post seaplane pics

Notices
Seaplanes Aircraft that typically take off and land on water...radio control seaplane discussions are in here.

The correct way to take and post seaplane pics

Old 07-08-2013, 03:49 AM
scale only 4 me
My Feedback: (158)

Received 51 Likes on 49 Posts
Default The correct way to take and post seaplane pics

Not my work, but so good I had to share

http://www.alliancebalsabees.com/jun...float-fly.html
Old 07-08-2013, 05:41 AM
flynfish44

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: The correct way to take and post seaplane pics

Great bunch of photos. Nice verity of planes. Looks like a great day to have a float fly. See ya at New London ?
Old 07-17-2013, 09:01 PM
chistech

Great shots Tom. Our FF is Sept. 7th this year. We moved it up 6 weeks to try and have warmer weather for better participation. Turns out there will be a FF up here in New England every weekend in Sept. starting with ours. This year we are running it along with another club. Should be a really good event and good turnout.

Ted
Old 07-18-2013, 04:17 AM
scale only 4 me
My Feedback: (158)

Received 51 Likes on 49 Posts

Yes, the lady who took the pics is talented for sure.

My wife's vacation starts Aug. 1, Getting out there in Sept will be tough, we still have no plans,, maybe I can talk her into Cap Cod to visit friends again.

fyi, the os2u/ys120 was flying better than ever at that event as it should.. hope it keeps up.

Whacha been working on? haven't seen you post recently
Old 07-18-2013, 08:18 PM
chistech

My 1984 Blazer. Getting close to putting the body back on the chassis. Tried to get the A-Ray off the water on the gray GB floats and it was a no go. My original A-Ray on GB floats but they were of a white opaque plastic that was much stiffer and sharper cornered than these. I ended up putting an OS .52 in the Ray and all I got was a fast speed boat. Still no lift off. I just got a set of floats from Gerry that I will put on it and see what happens. Flying the Ray with the .52 from land right now and it is a rocket at full throttle. Most my flying is done at half but I know I have plenty of power now to get it off the water with the right floats. I will post some pics of the Ray when I get the floats mounted. Until then, here are a few pics of the blazer body primed and all POR'd underneath. This truck is 30yrs old and will virtually be like new. It a full rotisserie restoration. Originally a military body and chassis with only 25k on it. 91 J code 6.2 diesel and all the creature comforts inside like A/C, pwr windows, tilt wheel, power locks, power rear window, full plush factory rugs front and back, and fully sound proofed. Inside floors have been POR'd also. Very little rot or rust repair was needed just a lot of welding in of plugs in all the drilled holes (for some special military body mounted) and the body filler to fix the waves from the welding. Lots of work that the wife has said must be done before anymore planes. I sneaked the A-ray in but she's got a good eye on me now! LOL
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ay75222.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	98.0 KB
ID:	1901981   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ni24957.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	90.2 KB
ID:	1901982   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ej12247.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	64.3 KB