Seamaster twin cowls
I finally got around to getting the cowls done on my twin seamaster. I started them last year and finally got it done. I used the tops of 1.5 liter pepsi bottles and a wood plug. I drilled a hole through the wood plug and placed a rubberband seal around the base of the plug. I put the pepsi bottle top over the plug and used a heat gun to heat the bottom and seal against the rubber band and then attached a vacuum to the bottom hole and as I heated the plastic it shrunk and form- fitted the plug. After it cooled I used the air compressor to blow through the hole and help remove the cowl and cut to shape and attach. Since the engine had outthrust on each one, I needed to modify the plug in between the sides. I used black rustoleum paint after wet sanding the cowls. I have flown it once with the cowls so far and it seams to work great. I dank a lot of pepsi to get enough bottles to get it right.