Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Seaplanes
Reload this Page >

Neptune Seaplane - weak covering

Notices
Seaplanes Aircraft that typically take off and land on water...radio control seaplane discussions are in here.

Neptune Seaplane - weak covering

Old 07-25-2013, 12:13 PM
wbrosen
My Feedback: (7)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Neptune Seaplane - weak covering

I have the newer Neptune seaplane by Maxford very pretty , I electrified it and it flys great Have an Axi 28xx forgot which swinging a 11X8 - 4 cell lipo 4400 battery. However, there is one problem with the plane, on its second flight, the covering came off of the frame and it almost sunk. I have stripped off the covering and skinned it with 1/16 balsa with 3/4oz fiberglass and used West System Epoxy. Then I spray painted it. The weight wont affect it at all, since it has such a large wing. Now I expect to get many years of good filghts. It did fly beautifully, but it would have been a shame if it had sunk coming in.
Old 07-31-2013, 09:33 AM
juzplanekrazy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Neptune Seaplane - weak covering

If it's anything like the older versions like I have. They all had bad covering. Nice plane, crappy covering.