Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Born again rc pilot

Wow, I'll start off by saying that I've been flying rc for about 3 or 4 years, and full scale for six years. During that time I have always wanted to fly a float plane. I recently built a set of built up balsa and fiberglass floats for my 1/6 scale SIG cub. Being that I'm scared to do the water maiden with a plane that holds a lot of sentimental value to me, I went and bought a flyzone beaver. What a cool plane. I put the floats on and went to a nearby lake and went for it. It changed me as an rc pilot forever. What an awesome feeling to make a beautiful scale take off from glass like water. And the landings, or should I say splash and gos, felt even better. I'm hooked. I feel like I did when I first started flying. Now I want to put floats on every thing. I think I have the nerve now to put the cub in the water. Just thought I'd share my feel good story. Thanks for listening, Steve.
    CUB BROTHERHOOD # 151, CORSAIR BROTHERHOOD # 80, CLUB SAITO # 804, WACO BROTHER #242, P-47 BROTHER #98, GLOW HEAD #1

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    Welcome to the club,, I look at every air frame and think,, "how would that work on floats"...