Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Seaplanes
Reload this Page >

Anybody got SIG 1/4 scale floats?

Community
Search
Notices
Seaplanes Aircraft that typically take off and land on water...radio control seaplane discussions are in here.

Anybody got SIG 1/4 scale floats?

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2014, 11:32 AM
funnotcrazy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anybody got SIG 1/4 scale floats?

If so did (do) you like them? How are they constructed? The SIG website does not give much info.
Old 01-28-2014, 07:00 PM
chistech

I acquired an older sig 1/4 cub with a set of sig floats. They were covered in a chrome like self adhesive film. I didn't bother recovering them and flew the plane just the way they were. The floats performed perfectly and the cub would just lift off the water without any sort of "pop" you sometimes seem to get with other brands of floats. I was very happy with their performance. Not sure of the interior construction but I know they are wood built up. The one's I had, the water rudder was an older oval style that pivoted in the middle and made the water rudder too responsive. I made a tip up type rudder for it which was much better. Not sure what the new style of water rudder might be.
These are the only real picture I have anymore as a buddy absolutely had to own this plane so I sold it to him. It is super pretty in the air.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Plane collection for sale 099.jpg
Views:	328
Size:	1.22 MB
ID:	1963050   Click image for larger version

Name:	Plane collection for sale 091.jpg
Views:	255
Size:	1.35 MB
ID:	1963051  
Old 01-29-2014, 07:14 AM
funnotcrazy

Glad to know they worked well. Have a 1/4 scale super Decathlon that I am finishing up & thought floats would be cool since I live near a lake. The Sig floats are priced more reasonable than others. I suppose they are more work to build is why, but I enjoy building so that is not a problem.