Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Flyzone DeHavilland DHC-2 float plane

Anybody have one or know someone who does? I build my planes from kits, & have only bought a couple of ARFs. Not familiar with the Flyzone brand. Have been wanting to try a floatplane - this one LOOKS pretty cool. Only $209.00 for receiver ready, makes it tempting for me.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    I have one and it is great. really nice to be able to fly at a pond close to home. no bad habits I have had mine for over a year and have had no problems with it.

Found some reviews & videos - all looked good. I am building an 89" span Super Decathlon & decided to put reinforcement in the fuse to add floats at a later date. Never flying off water, this looks like a good way to "get my feet wet" so to speak.

hey c550 - just saw that you live in Tomball. I live just up 149 a ways. Fly from pasture in front of my house. Where do you fly?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    I usually fly at Houston Sport Flyers, I fly the Beaver at a retention pond near my house. There is a lake at an abandoned subdivision I have flown floats on in the past.

I was friends with Dick Shiveley & the guys that started that club many yrs ago. We lost the lease on our field off of 249, the present field had been a soccer club/ field which folded up.
    I built the first covered pit area. I remember driving our cars up & down the runway after Mr. Shiveley brought a tractor & box blade and made the runway. Lots of good memories there.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    Its improved since then. I remember flying from the field at 249.

What is your name, I may remember you. This is Kurt Mathews .

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    Kurt. I'm Dave-If I remember correctly you were the locksmith?

Regards,

Dave

Yessir thats me. Dave who ? I'll remember you if you tell me more than Dave. Looked at website, yall have founders day coming up but could not get any info. Is Mark Hunt still around ?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    Mark is still around-I know we have a spring fly in I think in April. You should swing by.

Hey - not fair. Dave who ? If you flew at the old field off 249 I will remember you.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    Dave Edson