Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Seaplanes
Reload this Page >

Electrical Question

Community
Search
Notices
Seaplanes Aircraft that typically take off and land on water...radio control seaplane discussions are in here.

Electrical Question

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2014, 02:53 AM
Rickharp

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lightbulb Electrical Question

Got an electrical issue after charging battery and changedswitches. The switch wire gets hot and melting after it is connected for a fewminutes.I have used the same battery thatwas in unit before and didn’t have that issue.
Any thoughts on the cause or problem.I’m just a beginner

Old 09-01-2014, 11:24 AM
JohnBuckner
My Feedback: (1)

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

OK so you changed switch (harness) does that mean you bought a new one or replaced it with something laying around? If you used an old airtronics switch harness it is reversed polarity of all other current brands and if you plug a new battery into that switch it will let out all the smoke.

if you provide more info the fellows will have a lot easier time trying to help with your problem.

John
Old 09-02-2014, 02:47 AM
Rickharp

John

It was a new switch that was just purchased from Tower online. I changed out the old that did not have the charging jack connection to the battery. I did charge the battery till it tested charged as I'm just getting started and wanted to make sure that it was fully charged before test flight. Plus took the suggestion from trainer to make sure. Prior to the charge and switch change out the battery had about a 50% charge at field and didn't have this issue. Thanks for the feedback

Rick
Old 09-02-2014, 04:37 AM
mscic-RCU
My Feedback: (6)

Assuming you have the battery connected correctly, it sounds like you have a defective switch that is shorted internally. I would try a new switch.