Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Seaplanes
Reload this Page >

Seawind 60

Community
Search
Notices
Seaplanes Aircraft that typically take off and land on water...radio control seaplane discussions are in here.

Seawind 60

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2015, 09:19 AM
Bearair
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Seawind 60

Sorry but I cannot find the thread on this airplane. If anyone has any experience with this plane, drop a line. Looking for info on engines used, flying off water if using the retracts and any hints or kinks. Thanks
Old 01-24-2015, 10:07 AM
lwbickel

I had one several years ago with a YS 91 4s in it. Never put retracts in it but it flew well off snow. One the water it was a little tricky, you had to stay with the ailerons on the take off run to keep the tip floats from dragging on the water. When the tip floats drag on the water it causes an abrupt turn and at this point it's best to abort the take off any try again
Old 01-24-2015, 02:31 PM
scale only 4 me
My Feedback: (158)

Received 51 Likes on 49 Posts

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/seap...s-seawind.html

The search works
Old 01-25-2015, 10:03 PM
Bob93447

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ditto - there are hundreds of pages on the subject here on RCU. On RCG look for the review by Mike MacDougal.
Old 01-26-2015, 07:56 AM
Bearair
My Feedback: (3)

Thank you all for the information.
Old 01-27-2015, 10:31 AM
Bob93447

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Since the Seawind is out of production, spare parts are almost impossible to get and undamaged airframes are selling for substantially more than their original price. If you are not an experienced seaplane pilot, you might want to consider starting with something easier to fly, especially since the GP Seawind has a high wing loading and is difficult to get off the water. Once in the air it is a beautiful plane that handles well. I recommend electric power since the plane is sensitive to CG and using electric power avoids the CG changes that occur with fuel consumption.

Good Flying and good luck!