Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Seaplanes
Reload this Page >

Veron Deacon - RC conversion plus floats

Notices
Seaplanes Aircraft that typically take off and land on water...radio control seaplane discussions are in here.

Veron Deacon - RC conversion plus floats

Old 01-17-2019, 03:32 AM
mike666

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Veron Deacon - RC conversion plus floats

Hello

I've built a Veron Deacon and converted from FF to lightweight RC (sacrilege I know!). I'd like to add some built up floats, stick and tissue style, like I did for my smaller WestWings Piper Cub. On the cub I just used a scaled up version of the floats detailed on the Herr Engineering Cub plans. They are covered in Jap tissue over mylar which silver dope sprayed on. They aren't really practicable as take off floats so hand launched are in order. Lading in the calm is fine.

I anticipate the same scenario with the Deacon. However, I'd rather use a better design of float or advice on the best float setup for a model this size. Its only intended for calm summer eveing flights gently sploshing down on the local ponds. Take off would be a bonus but I'm not holding out any hopes ... especially as the motor is an Indian Mills 1.3cc diesel.

The Veron Deacon is 670g (23oz) including Trexler Wheels which would be replaced by the floats obviously. Wing Area = 415 sqin, Tail Area = 135sqin and CG=60%. The CG being this far back is due to the lifting tail and FreeFlight set up. Shes a real floater ... in the air.

Any advice on suitable built up floats (plans) and general setup welcome. Pics attached for info.

Thanks

Mike

PS Won't let me post pics!

Last edited by mike666; 01-17-2019 at 03:36 AM. Reason: pics