Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Seaplanes
Reload this Page >

floats for hanger 9 cub 80" wing

Community
Search
Notices
Seaplanes Aircraft that typically take off and land on water...radio control seaplane discussions are in here.

floats for hanger 9 cub 80" wing

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2003, 07:16 PM
ksywyk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default floats for hanger 9 cub 80" wing

looking for floats for my hanger 9 cub with 80" wingspan need size and make. also would like a scale looking gear instead of wire gear. or maybe alum. gear
Old 09-28-2003, 08:30 PM
clscale-RCU
My Feedback: (7)

Default RE: floats for hanger 9 cub 80" wing

I have flown my Hanger Nine Cub with the 60 sized Great Planes floats (wood kit) and I think they are too large, 36" floats would probably be a better choice, but I haven't tried this yet.

The 41" long 60 sized floats hold this plane really well on the water, but they are too large and slow down the plane during flight.

Take the wire gear and put KS aluminum airfoil shaped over the wire (tear drop shape). Your wire gear just has to have the right basic hardpoints that match the scale shape. the KS aluminum covering is for cosmetic only.
Old 09-29-2003, 07:57 PM
Ghostpilot
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: floats for hanger 9 cub 80" wing

I have a Hanger 9 J-3 cub that has never been on wheels/ Always on a set of goldberg super floats. flys great on a Saito 80/ this combo probably has several hundred flights, most flawless, these floats are approx $50 new,at just about every flea market, I've even seen them built for that price. Make sure water step is at or slightly ahead of CG, top of floats are parallel to wing saddle & horizonal stab. Full Power on take off into wind. I also made my struts functional because of the additional weight of floats & engine. There is nothing like a cub on floats. RJG