Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Seaplanes
Reload this Page >

First Seamaster

Community
Search
Notices
Seaplanes Aircraft that typically take off and land on water...radio control seaplane discussions are in here.

First Seamaster

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2003, 12:37 AM
Carlos Murphy
My Feedback: (72)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default First Seamaster

Just put the first flights on my new Seamaster last Saterday at Lake Hennessey in Napa California. For this time of year the weather is very warm, in the eighties and it was a beautiful day.
Finished the plane last week with a OS 50 FX and it came out nose heavy so I moved the 1400 mil batt to the former in front of the tail servos and all was OK. I installed the engine mast with "two" cap-head screws and is nice and tight but can still be removed.
I installed the wing floats with the Velcro as supplied but I'm going to "Goop" them on because the Velcro dose not work very well, any side load on the floats will knock them off, lost both of them while doing high speed taxi's on the first flight but they floated to shore on their own.
This plane if fast with the 50 and slows to nothing for landings with a slight head wind, kept over shooting my landing spot but not a problem when landing on water, the runway is in the direction your plane is pointed.
This plane is a fast and easy way to get started in water sports, I highly recommend it.
Old 10-31-2003, 04:42 PM
easy2fly
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: First Seamaster

i agree on every thing you said. i had to use goop on my tip floats too. with the tt 46, and a 20 mph tailwind, on a full speed dive, i can scare the crap out of everyone there. they dont hear anything close, and right down the lake streaks the seamaster. great plane
Old 11-03-2003, 09:12 PM
Charlie P.

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

An F3A pattern flyer in our club just bought one. I watched him fly the full sportsman pattern sequence with his and the only "problem" he had to compensate for was a tail low attitude in inverted flight. He had an Enya 50CX on his that was giving him problems, but the plane flies fantastic. His was balanced so that with an empty fuel tank it's nose gear is off the ground. He told me it was the rearmost recommended CG.

I'm thinking there's one of these in my future.
Old 11-07-2003, 08:46 AM
sgodfrey-RCU

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Me too! But I just put in my maiden flight on the Sea of Galilea in northern Israel (called Lake Kinneret here). This was my first ever seaplane flight and in fact I have been off flying on on boats and hovercraft fow a few years so it was pretty hairy as you can imagine. In the event it all went beautifully both takeoff and landing. Like you I found the Seamaster to be a bit nose heavy which I corrected with some up trim. I am using an OS 46 engine. Perhaps I should also move my battery back. I stuffed it right up the front end to get the recommended balance point correct so it looks as if the balance point should be a bit further back than on the plan. I have a couple of great picture but not yet of the plane in the air as I was too anxious on this flight and my wife couldn't get the camera working in time! I hope I have uploaded the pictures correctly.
Simon