Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Seaplanes
Reload this Page >

SEAMASTER???

Community
Search
Notices
Seaplanes Aircraft that typically take off and land on water...radio control seaplane discussions are in here.

SEAMASTER???

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2004, 03:28 AM
proptop
My Feedback: (8)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: SEAMASTER???

You guys who need plans, did you get your planes from epay? A friend of mine got one in a plain white box for $80.00 w/o instructions, landing gear, decals/stickers, and it's missing some hardware. It has a similar red, white and blue color scheme as the SeaMaster, but it has a V-bottom? I think it's a Neptune? The wings don't have sheeting back from the leading edge either (doesn't the SeaMaster have a traditional "D-Tube" wing?) so I'm not sure his really is a SeaMaster after all, especially now that I have seen a bunch of real ones.

Can anyone tell me if a Neptune has a V bottom hull, and a multi spar (no sheeting along L.E. back to main spar) wing?
Old 06-06-2008, 10:40 AM
DRonland

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: twostroke

What is the differance between the Ace Seamaster and the Thunder Tiger Seamaster they look the same.

Hello,
Just want to let you know the First Seamaster was designed by Ken Willard back in the early 70's. If you do a search on the Model Aviation archives, there is an article on it. Also you may be able to order the plans from the plan service.

I still have one flying, built in 1977.

Dave
DRonland
Old 06-08-2008, 04:34 PM
Strykaas

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Is that the seamaster from Ken Willard ?
Old 08-16-2008, 12:21 AM
DRonland

Sorry wasn't on here for a while. Yes it is a Ken Willard, notice the tail rounded top. Mods done during assembly pod was enlarged for a larger tank. Wingtips are solid, hollowed out for durability against boats. Landing gear was made out of solid aluminum. And the tail was moved up in the winter 1979 after repeated warping. It originally had Cirrus AM radio. I added more pics in the Seaplane Gallery. Thanks for the interest.
DRonland
Old 09-04-2008, 04:02 PM
ekfinch
My Feedback: (1)

Ok, I have question about powering my Seamaster. I fly from the water a lot at Lake Lanier and most of the time I am on my pontoon boat. Electric is so much easier to use in that situation, but I would like to fly the Seamaster as well as the other electric float planes and boats that I have. Any ideas on the possibility of modifying this plane to electric. If anyone would know, I thought it would be here.

Give me some ideas.

EKF
Old 09-07-2008, 06:41 AM
jpg0529

Take a look here.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=879608