Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Seaplanes
Reload this Page >

Wing indice on a Superstar

Community
Search
Notices
Seaplanes Aircraft that typically take off and land on water...radio control seaplane discussions are in here.

Wing indice on a Superstar

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2004, 12:30 PM
canesugarrules

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wing indice on a Superstar

I tried to fly my SuperStar 40 the other month and was not successful. While working on the floats, I noticed that the front of the wing was maybe 1/4 inch lower than the back. How much higher should the front be than the back? One more question.
Will an OS 40 LA be enough for this plane? It has GP 40 built up floats. I was able to plane (get on step) below half throttle, if this means anything. Thanks
Old 01-24-2004, 06:45 PM
JimCasey
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Wing indice on a Superstar

The front of the wing should be 1/4-3/8 (3-5 degrees) HIGHER than the rear, compared to the top of the float. As it is now, You can get it going but you can't get the wing rotated to an angle of attack great enough to make enough lift to fly. It's just digging the heels of the floats in and putting on the brakes.

If you are getting on step at half throttle, you have enough power. Once you get the floats rigged right, you'll be able to rotate without the tails of the floats even touching the water, and it'll lift off just like a wheeled takeoff.
Old 01-25-2004, 12:10 AM
canesugarrules

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Wing indice on a Superstar

Thanks. I have been making adjustments today and I was able to get the LE 1/4" higher than the TE. Thanks for the help.