Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Seaplanes
Reload this Page >

G.P. Fiberglass Floats

Community
Search
Notices
Seaplanes Aircraft that typically take off and land on water...radio control seaplane discussions are in here.

G.P. Fiberglass Floats

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2004, 01:33 AM
rslstft
My Feedback: (10)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default G.P. Fiberglass Floats

Has anyone used the Great Planes fiberglass floats? They are listed as 40" long and was thinking of using them on a G.P. Cub (the ARF .40 size version). I currently have the same plane on wheels with a Saito .60 twin and it flies great and with the twin cylinders it looks and sounds terrific. I have a Saito .90 twin sitting around and thought it would be great for the float plane with the extra weight of the floats. I would appreciate any thoughts on this combination.

Russ
Old 02-05-2004, 03:39 PM
racer-RCU
My Feedback: (14)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: G.P. Fiberglass Floats

i have installed these new floats on a gp tiger moth and they r great quality floats, the way they say to mount the gear wire is backwards though. i set mine up with the servo inside the float. but to this day i have not test flown it. check out my gallery for a pic
P.S. mine has a satio 91 in the moth, i'm sure to have more than enough power
Old 02-05-2004, 10:12 PM
seaplane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: G.P. Fiberglass Floats

Russ, your 40 size Cub could use 34" floats. GP makes 40 size built up floats that are 34" and there 60 size are 42". I make similar floats in the same lenghts, but mine are balsa sheeted-foam cores. They are lighter than the GP's and can't fill up with water if you damage them. Give me an E-mail if you would like more info..........Seaplane