Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Seaplanes
Reload this Page >

Seamaster Angle of incidence?

Community
Search
Notices
Seaplanes Aircraft that typically take off and land on water...radio control seaplane discussions are in here.

Seamaster Angle of incidence?

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2004, 04:05 PM
Gman326

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Seamaster Angle of incidence?

Can anyone tell me what the angle of incidence of the wing is to the horizontal stabilizer? I have an older seamaster which was built from a kit.

I'm having a terrible time setting mine up. It flies, but requires a lot of down trim to fly level. I have it set up slightly nose heavy to help also. The faster it flies the more the nose pitches up, either in a dive with throttle low or in level flight with the throttle set to full. I don't think its the thrust line, cause it will fly level downwind and pitch up upwind with the same power setting. I've been dealing with it, but am wondering if it could be AOI problem.

Thanks,

Gerry
Old 03-23-2004, 06:08 PM
jrf
My Feedback: (551)

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Seamaster Angle of incidence?

Sounds like an incidence problem allright, but it could also be drooped ailerons. Try reflexing both ailerons a couple of turns as a quick test.

Jim
Old 03-23-2004, 09:52 PM
JimCasey
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Upwind and downwind mean nothing to an airplane in flight. All it knows is it's going through the air at whatever its airspeed is. Groundspeed is meaningless.
Old 03-24-2004, 11:59 AM
Irish R.Seer

Default RE: Seamaster Angle of incidence? In reply to Gman326

I built a Seamaster from plans my buddy got off the net. They show the wing incidence at 2 degrees positive to the thrustline and the stab at 2 degrees negative to the thrustline. Ihavn't flown mine yet as the pond is still frozen here in the Great White North. Thanks for the warning!! With these incidence angles it will climb for sure.
Bill
Old 04-12-2004, 11:09 AM
Irish R.Seer

[font="Arial"][Sorry about that last post don't know what happened. Anyway I got to fly my Seamaster with the incidence angles as noted(in big letters). As expected it climbed very quickly to say the least, I had to click in quite a lot of down to fly level on about 3/4 throttle, but it still wanted to climb on full throttle. The glide was very good at full idle so I've adjusted the engine thrustline a couple of degrees down. I'm sure this will solve or at least reduce, the tendency to climb.
Bill