Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Seaplanes
Reload this Page >

Seamaster performance on land?

Community
Search
Notices
Seaplanes Aircraft that typically take off and land on water...radio control seaplane discussions are in here.

Seamaster performance on land?

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2004, 01:32 AM
qfinger2004

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Seamaster performance on land?

Thinking of getting a Seamaster here for a first seaplane. I was just curious how it performs t/o + landing (on the land) with the wheels attached...

Thanks
Old 04-15-2004, 04:28 AM
iflyj3
My Feedback: (7)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Seamaster performance on land?

ORIGINAL: qfinger2004

Thinking of getting a Seamaster here for a first seaplane. I was just curious how it performs t/o + landing (on the land) with the wheels attached...

Thanks
I test flew mine with the wheels before I placed it in the water. The flying was the same with or with out the wheels.

On final keep your speed up, it has a sharp stall. Also, put about 1 to 2 degrees of up thrush in to compensate for a trim change due to power changes. Mine does not have it and the plane climbs when the throttle is moved to low.
Old 04-15-2004, 10:26 AM
MinnFlyer
My Feedback: (4)

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I prefer to fly it off of grass without the wheels. It's a real kick to see that thing skimming along on the ground!

There is a video of me doing this in the Evolution Engine Review:

http://www.rcuniverse.com/magazine/a...article_id=153
Old 04-15-2004, 09:55 PM
optopilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've been flying one for four years now. The only thing I noticed when flying with wheels; a slightly higher stall speed. One curious thing is when flying without tip floats and performing more radical aerobatics, the airplane will sometimes "depart". In other words, in some attitudes it will not fly and respond to control inputs as expected. This has been the most reliable floatplane of any in our club. Fantastic!

Flying in the heart of the Big Valley; the San Joaquin Valley!