Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Seaplanes
Reload this Page >

Post float meets here too !

Notices
Seaplanes Aircraft that typically take off and land on water...radio control seaplane discussions are in here.

Post float meets here too !

Old 07-27-2011, 02:01 AM
scale only 4 me
My Feedback: (158)

Received 51 Likes on 49 Posts
Default RE: Float Fly!

They are doing it again this Sat. Hope the weather is nice,,

I should have my fuel line getting pinched issue solved this time out,, last time I was wrenching more than flying [:@]

pics,, we'll start with mine
http://www.cmac.org/photo_files/2011...1%20F2259.html
Old 08-07-2011, 05:49 PM
scale only 4 me

9th Annual Float Fly-In
August 13 & 14, 2011
New London, Ohio

$5.00 landing fee per day which includes parking and admission to the park
Self contained flight line camping
$25.00 for weekend (includes landing fees)
Full Hook-up available at regular campground rates

Use link below for additional campground information and reservations

Tail Gate Swap
Bring your own tables
Registration begins at 8:00 a.m. with a pilot's meeting at 9:30 a.m.
Flying begins at 10:00 a.m. and ends at 5:00 p.m. Feel free to fly after 5:00 p.m. without radio impound

This is an AMA sanctioned and AMA rules will apply
Open flying both days and contests with prizes
Pilots Raffle - Free to all Registered Pilots
Many Raffle Prizes - Tickets $1 ea./6 for $5
50/50 Raffles!
Fun and Fellowship!

All proceeds will benefit the New London Park System and the Firelands Float Flyers

Link to reservoir park:
www.newlondonohio.com/nlreservoir.htm

Directions:

[link=http://www.bing.com/maps/#JnE9LjI0OTUlMmJFdWNsaWQlMmJSb2FkJTJiJTI1MmMlMmJOZ XclMmJMb25kb24lMjUyYyUyYk9IJTJiNDQ4NTElN2Vzc3QuMCU 3ZXBnLjEmYmI9NjAuNzk3Nzc4MzA1NDE0JTdlLTM1LjQyMzk2N TQ1NCU3ZTE0LjE3MDY2OTQ1NDI3MSU3ZS0xMjguNTg4MDI3OTU 0]Map of 2495 Euclid Road
New London, OH 44851 [/link]
Old 08-07-2011, 05:50 PM
scale only 4 me

ooops
Old 08-29-2011, 09:53 AM
Bob Yeager
My Feedback: (5)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

25th Annual Seaplane Classic
Pilot Registration Information

The Desert Hawks R/C Club of Lake Havasu City, Arizona will be hosting its 25th Annual London Bridge Seaplane Classic this year on November 4-6, 2011 at Lake Havasu State Park, Windsor Beach Site #4. We plan on having a new food vendor, a raffle, and most of all, lots of good fun flying off Lake Havasu. This year we are expecting somewhere between 70 and 80 pilots from all over the nation as well as many spectators. Gasoline, glow fuel and electric powered aircraft are all welcome. (Mufflers required on loud engines) Club members will, as usual, provide plane retrieval.

Pre-registration is available by mail until November 1, 2011 for $30. Send completed registration form with a check or money order for $30 per pilot to the address shown below:
Desert Hawks RC Club
PO Box 1463
Lake Havasu City, AZ 86405-1463
ATTEN: Float Fly Pre-Registration
Registration will also be available during the event for $35.00.

RV parking is available in the parking lot at the flying site for $18 per day (dry camping) to be paid to the park rangers. We will try to provide trailer transport for airplanes from the parking lot to the beach, whenever possible. The State Park campground is also available, (no electric), currently $18.00 daily rate. The Travelodge Motel (928.680.9202, www.travelodge.com) has given us a special daily rate of $60.00 if booked before 10/15/11. Check our Web site (www.deserthawksrc.org) for other details. For those who don’t fly and would like to visit some events and attractions in the Lake Havasu City area, visit www.golakehavasu.com for information on our great city!

Pre-Registration Forms are now available. PM, Email ([email protected]), or call CD Bob Yeager (928) 680-4133 and I will get one to you!
Old 10-21-2011, 08:36 AM
Bob Yeager

25th ANNUAL LONDON BRIDGE SEAPLANE CLASSIC
SPECIAL EVENT
Due to a special request from several long time attendees at our float fly event we will be having a trial Night Fly, Special Event, for larger airplanes during our 25th Annual London Bridge Seaplane Classic in addition to our over grass/and night time park-flyer event. To be considered for flying the Qualifications are:
1. AMA insurance/membership is required and AMA cards will be checked.
2. Flight worthy, proven aircraft that meet AMA regulations for model aircraft.
3. Time will be between 7:00PM and 9:00PM on Friday, October 4th. Meet at beach, Flight Line, at 6:30-6:45.
4. These larger airplanes can only be flown over water in designated areas, (same areas as used during daytime water event) during specified night time flying hours. For Safety, all larger aircraft must be on 2.4GHz.
5. Additional Saturday night flying of larger airplanes over water may be added if there is enough interest and boat Captain is available.
6. These larger airplanes will not be allowed to fly over land or outside of designated night-time flying hours.
7. An aircraft lighting system is required that will allow pilot to adequately see and control their own aircraft.
8. Aircraft MUST be on floats, since no flying, take-offs or landings will be allowed over land for these heavier aircraft.
A small retrieval fishing boat will be available during specified time that can be used to retrieve up to 12# airplanes. Use larger (heavier than 12#) airplanes at own risk, since larger airplanes may need to be towed back to shore, since one man (Boat Captain) will need to lift the aircraft into small retrieval boat. A designated Boat Captain will be available during specified night time flight hours.
We hope this event will be a positive experience and provide added enjoyment to all who attend for either flying or viewing..
Carl Anderson, Float Fly Chairman
Old 01-26-2012, 10:00 PM
memtenn60
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: Post float meets here too !

Hi Folks, This is not a float plane meet, but this website has some photos and videos of some great scratch buitl float planes.
Check out the 3 engine, 18' wingspan that took these two guys 2 yrs to build.
Check it out at: www.teambrean.com
Old 09-10-2012, 09:10 AM
Bob Yeager

26th Annual Seaplane Classic
Pilot Registration Information

The Desert Hawks R/C Club of Lake Havasu City, AZ will be hosting its 26th Annual London Bridge Seaplane Classic this year on November 2-4 2012 at Windsor Beach State Park Site #4. We again plan on having lots of good food, plenty of fabulous raffle prizes and most of all, lots of good fun flying off Lake Havasu. This year we are expecting somewhere between 80 and 100 pilots from all over the nation as well as many spectators. Gasoline, glow fuel and electric powered aircraft are all welcome. (Mufflers required on loud engines) Club members will as usual provide plane retrieval.
·Pre-registration is available by mail until November 1, 2012 for $30 and includes 2 free pilots raffle tickets. Send completed registration form with a check or money order for $30 per pilot to the address shown below:
Desert Hawks RC Club
PO Box 1463
Lake Havasu City, AZ 86405
ATTEN: Float Fly Pre-Registration
· Registration will also be available during the event for $35.00 and includes 1 free pilot’s raffle ticket. Come and fly off our new White Sand Beach, one of the most beautiful float fly venues in the nation.

RV parking is available in the parking lot at the flying site for $15 per day (dry camping) to be paid to the park rangers. We will try to provide trailer transport for airplanes from the parking lot to the beach, whenever possible. Check our Web site (www.deserthawksrc.org) for other details. For those who don’t fly and would like to visit some events and attractions in the Lake Havasu City area, visit www.golakehavasu.com for information on our great city!

Pre-Registration Forms are now available.
www.deserthawksrc.org
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Hf99696.jpg
Views:	109
Size:	101.7 KB
ID:	1799843  
Old 09-22-2012, 03:15 PM
StevL

October 13th - Larks 16th annual float fly, Lake Murray South Carolina (just outside Columbia SC).

AMA Sanction (AMA required to fly)
1500 feet of shore line
7 mile runway
BBQ Lunch included in pilots fee
$15. landing fee
6 pairs of [link=http://www.planefunfloats.com]Plane Fun Floats[/link] for the pilot's raffle
Large general raffle
Portion of pilots fee donated to Harvest Hope Food Bank
Primative Camping allowed Friday night, No Loud Noise Please!
Calm cove on the back side for fishing, etc.
Volleyball court
RC Boat area
Hand launched electrics may fly over the water, we have grass landing area for these non float aircraft

[link=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j2KYvFlZKcE]2011 Float Fly Video[/link]
[link=http://www.larksrc.com]Larks Web Site[/link]
Old 10-03-2012, 01:33 PM
StevL

**Update**

Larks Float Fly
Date: October 13, 2012
Time: 8:30 am - 4:00 pm

Phone: 803-582-8298
Email: [email protected]

10/13/2012 Gilbert, SC

LARKS 16TH ANNUAL FLOAT FLY

Flying Site: Rawl'S Point On Lake Murray
Fly with us on beautiful Lake Murray
Large raffle
Pilots raffle includes 6 sets of balsa covered foam floats from Plane Fun Floats
7 mile runway
1500 feet of shore line
Registration begins at 8:30AM
A portion of the $15 landing fee supports Harvest Hope Food Bank
Lunch included with your landing fee
hand launched electrics may be flown over the lake and landed in grassy area
dock on leeward side for fishing, sunning, etc.
volleyball court
Family Event

**Free gift to every registered pilot!!

Pilots Raffle:

18" foam cored balsa covered floats
30" foam cored balsa covered floats
34" foam cored balsa covered floats
34" foam cored balsa covered floats
42" foam cored balsa covered floats
42" foam cored balsa covered floats
All Floats From Plane Fun Floats

Regular Raffle To Date:

ParkZone T-28 Trojan
E-flite BAe Hawk 15 DF
E-flite UMX Gee Bee R2
E-flite UMX Hyper Taxi
ElectriFly Rx-R Seawind EP
ElectriFly Rx-R Seawind EP
HobbyZone RTF Super Cub
HobbyZone RTF Super Cub
HobbyZone RTF Champ
HobbyZone RTF Firebird Stratus
FlyZone TX-R Calypso
FlyZone TX-R Beaver DHC-2
FlyZone TX-R Beaver DHC-2
Great Planes U-Can-Do 3d 46
Old 10-11-2012, 01:26 PM
StevL

***Update***

Larks Float Fly this Saturday, Oct. 13th!

More added to the raffle
More food added
Weather; 80 degrees, sun, winds *gusting* to 9

Lets go fly!!!
Old 10-25-2012, 07:31 AM
Bob Yeager

One week to go untill the 26th Annual London Bridge Seaplane Classic. See above post for details. We hope to see you there!
Old 01-15-2013, 07:45 AM
iflyj3
My Feedback: (7)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Announcing the 2013 Kentucky Bluegrass Vintage Festival plus two different fly in's following.
The KBVF is on Thursday and Friday and followed on Saturday with a float fly at the Central Kentucky Float Flyers lake and a sailplane fly in on Sunday the the Clark County RC Barnstormers field. 4 days of flying on Memorial day weekend in May. May 23, 24, 25 and 26. In addition the KBVF invites any plane that is controlled by an ACE transmitter, see brochure.
Go to https://sites.google.com/site/kbvfky/ for a 13 page brochure for all three fly in's.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ki19318.jpg
Views:	106
Size:	185.9 KB
ID:	1840684  
Old 03-06-2013, 09:03 AM
canadian8apilot

I am: Bill Brisson
Radio of choice:
JR and Spectrum
# of RCs: 25

Old Feedback View

Total Props: 3 Bonny Bay Float Fly, Dryden Ont

Date Aug 10
Place Bonny Bay Camp, just east of Dryden Ontario Canada
Time 10:00 am til dark

The Patricia Region Aero Modelers would like to invite all R/C float pilots to come spend the day with us at the Bonny Bay Camp, just east of Dryden for some of the best R/C float flying in the zone.
Pilots from Dryden and across the zone will be gathered to fly off the water and enjoy the friendly service of the staff at the Bonny Bay Camp again this year.
The fun gets underway at 9:00am, Aug 10 and will last all day long. Nancy and the staff wil again be opening their doors to all of us and treating us to their great Camp Buffet.
Pilot Registration will be $5.00 and the club dinner is $25.00/person ($10.00 for the kids).
There will be prizes for the registered pilots, and a rescue boat ready to go out and save any planes that find themselves bobbing in the lake and unable to get back to shore.
Because of the Camp Supper we need pilots and familys that plan to attend to Pre-Register for the supper so we can let Nancy know how many to expect for supper.

For more information, or to Pre-Register email me at [email protected] or call me at (807) 937 5638

See you there!
Old 04-18-2013, 08:04 AM
hfenn

Girard, GA April 20, 2013. Nice, clean irrigation pond.
Take US Hwy 301 South into Georgia. When you pass the GA Welcome Center, check your odometer. Go ½ mile and you will see a paved road on the right (Oglethorpe Trail). Turn right onto Oglethorpe Trail and stay on that road for about 15.5 miles. The name of the road changes to Stoney Bluff Road when leaving Screven County and entering Burke County. Take a right at the stop sign onto GA23 and go 1.2 miles. Take a right onto Griffin Landing Road (there will be a church and cemetery at the two corners of this road) and go 1.2 miles. You will see a gate on the right to the pond.
Coming out of Augusta you would leave I-520 on Hwy 56 (Mike Padgett Hwy). Past McBean you would pick up Hwy 23 toward Girard.
Video from past float fly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A3iImGCgXyM
Old 07-24-2015, 10:45 AM
mscic-RCU
My Feedback: (6)

Firelands Float Fly in a couple of weeks. All info at www.firelandsfloatflyers.net

More fun than should be allowed!
Old 10-09-2017, 04:34 PM
oldway2874

Default Seaplane Classic Lake Havasu

32nd Annual London Bridge Seaplane Classic November 3rd 4th and 5th 2017
Dry camping, shuttle service. Last years was the best ever with record attendance.
Info at our Club site deserthawksrc .org

Last edited by oldway2874; 10-09-2017 at 04:36 PM.
Old 03-24-2018, 10:12 PM
4*60
My Feedback: (41)

Sept. 4-9, 2018 ” Fall Classic 2018 sponsored by Shuswap Lake Aero odMelers. This the largest float plane event in Western Canada. Come to Sandy Point Resort, 5km west of Salmon Arm or stay at one of the many motels or hotels in the area and enjoy this 6 day event. In addition to flying, there is a raffle and more. Splash down fee is $15.00. Sorry NO DOGS allowed at Sandy Point campground or beach.