Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Seaplanes
Reload this Page >

MRaerodesign Beaver??

Community
Search
Notices
Seaplanes Aircraft that typically take off and land on water...radio control seaplane discussions are in here.

MRaerodesign Beaver??

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2004, 05:26 PM
Oliver Hensel

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MRaerodesign Beaver??

HelloMy name is Oliver. I`m new in this Forum.I live in Germany (Mainz is the name of the City, it`s near Frankfurt) My English is not so very good,but I hope you can read this??!!
A few weeks ago I`ve seen pictures of the MRaerodesign BEAVER and the Laserlizard Kit.
I think it`s great. Is there anyone who can tell me something about the Plan and the Kit???
Quality of the Wood? Easy or difficult to build? Befor I order the Plan and the Kit ,I will be shure that it is good stuff because there are also some Shippingcosts and Tax,Duty and all these things.
Thank you for your help Olli
Old 05-03-2004, 09:14 PM
Super Hot

Default RE: MRaerodesign Beaver??

Hello Oliver, my name is Jean-Jacques, I'm a french Canadian. I know Martin Rousseau from MRAERODESIGN. He is a geant designer in scale R/C plane . His kits are lazer cut by an american company. I look seriously for a MRA Beaver. Contact him WWW.mraerodesign.com
Old 05-03-2004, 11:40 PM
grinder-RCU
My Feedback: (1)

I'll second that. I ordered an elarged scale of 160"ws CL-415 from Mraerodesign. Great guy excellent to deal with.

Grinder.
Old 05-05-2004, 09:14 PM
tks1
My Feedback: (1)

I have been talking to him about his PC6 and he has been excellent to talk with.

By the way your english is very good Oliver. Better than some people I know over here .
Old 05-07-2004, 04:05 PM
canadair

I received the complete set of plans and the booklet from Martin about a month ago, along with all the fiberglass, metal, and plastic for the Beaver. I also ordered the complete laser kit including the floats from Jesse at Laser lizard, which has now also arrived.
The kit is excellent, as are the drawings and the booklet. This seems to me to be the most accurate Beaver available, and on floats looks fantastic. The fiberglass is also very well done, light but strong enough, and the machined parts are very well done as well.
I am really happy with the plans, they have plenty of information, and the booklet included is a well done and really makes assembly easy. martin also includes a CD with various Beaver images, nice touch.
I went with the complete short kit from Jesse, he had it cut and mailed out within about 1 week from my order, and it is very well done. The complete kit is about 8-9 sheets of ply and balsa, all are cut accurately, they fit the plans perfectly, and is really the only way to go. Based on my experience I can completely reccomend Laser lizard.
I have now picked out all the wood from the list martin supplies on the site, and am just about to get going on the kit.
It has taken me a bit of time to get all together as I live in the UK, but have been getting everything in Florida, ( wood, parts, laser kit, etc) so I have to go over each week to get more)
I am however about to start on the kit, and would be happy to let you know how it goes together, I do not anticipate any problems based on the quality of the parts and information provided.
I would reccomend this kit if you are looking for a Large Beaver.