Seaplanes Aircraft that typically take off and land on water...radio control seaplane discussions are in here.

GWS beaver on floats

Old 06-26-2004, 01:36 AM
RHYNO

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default GWS beaver on floats

Hey people , i decided to buy a gws beaver after several friends got beavers, proceded to put lights on them, and fly them at night...and after too many beers..[sm=rolleyes.gif](he has a big farm).Anyway i decided to go one further and paint mine and put floats on oh what fun, couldnt wait for the proper gws floats to come so i made my own...

Anyway, do the GWS Beaver's suffer from dutch rolling with floats on?.. because you have to be quick on the rudder or it results in a long swim... I'm picking that's why full size beavers have added vertical stablising fins. Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Rudder deflection has been quite WAY down to get this little booger to fly without dutch rolling - I'm thinking of maybe reducing the dihedral as well. Here's a photo, and it's painted up to represent a beaver my father top-dressed in (crop-dusting for you American's). I think this one is flying in Canada on floats...
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Sq46011.jpg
Views:	4
Size:	18.9 KB
ID:	147476   Click image for larger version

Name:	Kf14709.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	38.2 KB
ID:	147477