Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Seaplanes
Reload this Page >

Twin Cesssna Cardinal 177 on floats

Community
Search
Notices
Seaplanes Aircraft that typically take off and land on water...radio control seaplane discussions are in here.

Twin Cesssna Cardinal 177 on floats

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2004, 06:30 PM
MORROMAXX
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Twin Cesssna Cardinal 177 on floats

Good Afternoon, a little over 3 months ago I posted this thread (it could be found unsing the search engine on this site) about the results from the test flight. The plane did not fly well on the first time neither floated as good as it used to when it was a monoplane. The pendulum effect was terrible so the second time arround I did some modifications like lowering the thrust angles on the engines and installing wider floats to improve the floatability of the plane. Great Planes 40 size floats were chosen and the results taxiing improve 100%. Takes offs and landings were not a problem but the pendulum effect was, although it was much better. So at least I could take off, fly the plane enjoy the he.. out of it, do some rolls and land. I am very happy with the results for many reasons one is that with a little modifications you can make a float plane become twin very easily and it is made out of plastic. The cessna Cardinal as a single engine plane is exellent and highly recomended to anyone.

I will follow recomendations made by Mr Casey about the wingtips to improve the pendulum effect. On this second flight maybe 2 or 3 times in 7-8 minutes of the total flight it try to roll by itself and it needed to be corrected right away.

I am open to suggestions, and would like to have all the feedback I can get from you. Next time will send pictures of the plane.

Thanks
Morromaxx