Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Seaplanes
Reload this Page >

Wiring Grumman 'Duck' gear?

Community
Search
Notices
Seaplanes Aircraft that typically take off and land on water...radio control seaplane discussions are in here.

Wiring Grumman 'Duck' gear?

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2004, 09:24 AM
wsmalley
My Feedback: (6)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Wiring Grumman 'Duck' gear?

I have some old NASCO drawings for the Duck which uses an electric motor driving a screw jack( vertical mounted threaded rod) to raise/ lower the LG. It shows 2 micro switches to trigger the motor. Problem is there are no details as to how wire the motor, switches, and, I guess, a servo. Any help on this type of system? Thanks, Bill S.
Old 10-23-2004, 05:16 PM
scalebldr
My Feedback: (7)

Default RE: Wiring Grumman 'Duck' gear?

contact me as i have the saME DESIGNED BY CHARLIE SMITH ,i believe i know how it works,similar to the wing electric retracts on belive the micro switches are shutoffs and a slide type switch is used for up and down to reverse dc motor
Old 10-23-2004, 06:11 PM
JimCasey
My Feedback: (1)

When wired to EXTEND, the limit switch should shut off the power when the gear gets to full extension. When switched to retact (reverse polarity) the hot lead should run through the other limit switch and open the circuit when the gear gets to the full UP position.

This is the same way we wire valve actuators in my "Day" job.
Old 10-23-2004, 07:38 PM
wsmalley
My Feedback: (6)

I guess you're saying there is a 3rd 'reversing' switch-dpdt- which I guess a servo would activate for 'up' and 'down', is that right?
Old 10-24-2004, 10:53 AM
scalebldr
My Feedback: (7)

micro switches are wired as normally closed,one is adjusted so the contacts open when at full extension the other is adjusted to open at full retraction.the switch used is an old radio wiring harness.the battery leads are still wired to the retract batterys,the radio side plug is now considered one set of the red and black wires in the diagram and the chargeing jack wires are now the second set of red and black wires in the diagram.only a total of three switches.you have to add a charging jack in the battery leads to charge the retract batterys.sent email with same info.