Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Seaplanes
Reload this Page >

V-Mar DeHavilland Beaver

Community
Search
Notices
Seaplanes Aircraft that typically take off and land on water...radio control seaplane discussions are in here.

V-Mar DeHavilland Beaver

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2004, 11:19 PM
tminustom
My Feedback: (23)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default V-Mar DeHavilland Beaver

I recently purchased a V-Mar DeHavilland Beaver ARF .40 kit, excellent construction and packaged remarkably. Highly recommend to anyone wanting an ARF float kit! I bought the float set with the kit, and decided to install an OS .61 FX. The OS spec says to use a 12-6 to 12-8 prop but doesn't mention anything about the spinner size. Does anyone out there have any insight to prop / spinner / engine sizes? I'd like to upgrade to a better quality aluminum spinner as well rather than plastic. Thanks for your help! Thom
Old 11-21-2004, 11:27 AM
khodges
My Feedback: (1)

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
Default RE: V-Mar DeHavilland Beaver

Who distributes V-Mar? I'd like to see product info. They also make a 1.20 size Beaver, so I understand. As far as the spinner goes, see if anyone (Dave Drown, Tru Turn, etc makes a spinner for a similar scale AT-6. You can use that, or a rounded end aluminum or brass prop nut, but it wouldn't be as scale
Old 11-21-2004, 07:48 PM
magyarbacsi

Thom, I have looked at the Beaver and from the picture, it looks nice. I did a research on V-MAR and found only one review of their ARF which was a trainer. Almost all f the pictures posted on the review of the Hornet trainer showed quite a bit of wrinkling in the cover. Do you know what type of covering they use? Compared to the Lanier Seamaster or the CMP Cessna Skylane, if you are familiar with the products, how does the workmanship compare?

I have a set of Falcon floats and want to use them on the Beaver, if I decide to get it. Think it would adapt easily?
Old 11-21-2004, 08:06 PM
Scar
My Feedback: (3)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Who distributes V-Mar?
Richmond RC, and I think Quantum Models sells them too.

http://www.richmondrc.com/

http://www2.mailordercentral.com/quantummodels/

Best wishes,
Dave Olson
Old 11-21-2004, 11:20 PM
tminustom
My Feedback: (23)

Richmondrc is the distributor. I believe the kits are made in Canada.

I have a Hangar 9 Sukhoi and side by side the workmanship of the Dehavilland Beaver is so much better. The covering is a mylar with the decals, rivits and all details made into the covering. No chance of coverings coming off like I've had on the Sukhoi. and the detail put into this model, especially for the price is outstanding. I happened to be in a hobby shop today, what are the odds of that, and I noticed a set of floats there, so I popped open the box and man, what a pile of garbage. The V-Mar floats are very well designed and have the same detail covering as the plane.