Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Seaplanes
Reload this Page >

Help with throttle servo on Seamaster

Notices
Seaplanes Aircraft that typically take off and land on water...radio control seaplane discussions are in here.

Help with throttle servo on Seamaster

Old 01-20-2005, 06:35 PM
cubfloater
My Feedback: (5)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help with throttle servo on Seamaster

Bought a swapmeet Seamaster and the throttle servo was dead and I replaced it with a new on (epoxied it on like the original was) and it lasted about 3 minutes I guess due to the vibration. After checking the instruction manual before replacing the servo I notice it says to use servo tape to install. Is that enough cushion for it? I was thinking of installing it on balsa/ply posts but there is not enough room on the back of the pylon without adding something to it. Anyone have problems with the servo tape and I guess you could add some ca to make sure it sticks good. Comments?
Old 01-20-2005, 10:45 PM
rossdre

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Help with throttle servo on Seamaster

I had the same problem - the two sided tape did not adhear well and the servo ended up coming loose. What I did to fix the problem was to drill two screws with large heads on both sides of the servo and screwed them down until the heads of the screws held down the servo. While it doesn't look great, given the limited room it seems to do the trick.
Old 01-30-2005, 04:48 AM
Carlos Murphy
My Feedback: (72)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I used servo tape (for a cushion) and a nylon wire tie to hold it in place.
Old 01-30-2005, 06:19 PM
JimCasey
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Whenever I have used Servo tape, I find it needs to be stuck to a sealed, smooth surface. That's why it will stay stuck to the plastic servo case and not the balsa..... Bare balsa or lite-ply does not provide the adhesion. Seal the balsa with a cost of thinned epoxy, and lightly sand it to remove the fuzz. THEN the servo tape will stick.