Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Seaplanes
Reload this Page >

Hanger 9 P40 On Floats?

Notices
Seaplanes Aircraft that typically take off and land on water...radio control seaplane discussions are in here.

Hanger 9 P40 On Floats?

Old 04-12-2005, 06:22 PM
jarchu

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hanger 9 P40 On Floats?

Ok I asked about twist 3d on floats. I really want to buy the P40 but where I live I can fly skis in the winter floats in the summer. If i want to fly wheels I have to drive 200 Miles. Is it all possible to make that new Hanger9 P40 fixed gear and mount it on some floats? Or am IM on a pipe dream. I really enjoy this plane as though I did see Geebee takeoff on floats. Any suggestions Jared
Old 04-12-2005, 07:59 PM
proptop
My Feedback: (8)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Hanger 9 P40 On Floats?

I suppose if you REALLY want to you could...I mean, you can do anything ya want, right?!
I know there were Spitfires on floats, and the Rufe was a Zero w/ a single float...

Hmmm...why not...
I have a H9 P-40 that's almost done, and from what I've read in the ARF forum, it's a good flyin' airplane. With some careful reinforcment in the wheel well areas I guess you could pull it off, but you'd have to work out a rear mount in the aft fuselage...
There are some balsa blocks in the fuse. just aft of the T.E. that I suppose you could mt. some struts or whatever to...
Old 04-15-2005, 09:37 PM
jarchu

Hey guys what in your opional would better Geebee 40 ARF or a P40 I love them both its just unforntly I have to fly water. The ski season is to a damm near end. [&:]
Old 04-20-2005, 04:16 PM
smokinghole42
My Feedback: (2)

I'm sure you could. During WW2 The air corps was playing around with p-38's on floats as a method to ferry themselves over. I think, if done correct, it could be really cool.