Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Seaplanes
Reload this Page >

Lanier Mariner 40 Covering

Notices
Seaplanes Aircraft that typically take off and land on water...radio control seaplane discussions are in here.

Lanier Mariner 40 Covering

Old 06-26-2005, 08:05 PM
f2titan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lanier Mariner 40 Covering

Hey all! I'm doing a minor repair to my Mariner 40. Does any body know what type, and color number the orange is? I need to recover a small section of the orange. Mono-Coat, Ultra-Coat??????

Thx!!!
Old 06-26-2005, 08:29 PM
jrf
My Feedback: (551)

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Lanier Mariner 40 Covering

It's "China Cote" and a very cheap version at that. You will have to take a piece of it to your local hobby shop and check it against what is available here.

You could try calling Lanier to see if they have any available. (Tape the phone call, it will probably be fun to listen to.)

Jim
Old 06-26-2005, 09:18 PM
f2titan

Ok, I'm sure its a cheep covering. Has any one done a repair, and what have you used for a matched color?
Old 06-27-2005, 09:56 AM
clolson
My Feedback: (7)

ORIGINAL: f2titan
Ok, I'm sure its a cheep covering. Has any one done a repair, and what have you used for a matched color?
I've only had to repair the white sections so I haven't tried to match the orange. I used white ultracote to recover the elevator (movable part) after the covering peeled away in flight. The stock covering is pretty bad. I tried everything I could think of to remove a few wrinkles and at the end of the day, just ended up with more wrinkles. At some point I'll probably do a complete recover job ... maybe California dept. of forestry (CDF) water bomber colors?

Curt.
Old 06-27-2005, 05:30 PM
f2titan

I got some orange ultra coat. Matches great!!