Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Seaplanes
Reload this Page >

New seaplane on ebay, any feedback?

Community
Search
Notices
Seaplanes Aircraft that typically take off and land on water...radio control seaplane discussions are in here.

New seaplane on ebay, any feedback?

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2006, 06:12 PM
lupy
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New seaplane on ebay, any feedback?

saw this seaplane on ebay, looks kind of like the nuptune, but a little wider and a little shorter at 65X52" 6lb listed weight. Any one have one? flight reports? "petrel" is the only name on it. Might be a nice alternate if it flys well.
Ken

http://cgi.ebay.com/40-RC-Seaplane-A...QQcmdZViewItem
Old 01-14-2006, 09:18 PM
Wayne22
My Feedback: (2)

Default RE: New seaplane on ebay, any feedback?

my 'pinion......

Local pick up is not allowed.
This statement would make me very wary....what has he got to hide??
Old 01-14-2006, 10:21 PM
PeterC

Looks like a Sea Master or maybe a Sea Monster. Should be a great flying plane if straight or is not overweight.
Peter
Old 01-14-2006, 11:38 PM
moodier
My Feedback: (1)

Hi;Guess I will go with nony on this real leary of that no p/u.Personally don't like those high shipping charges either but are a way of cutting what they have to pay ebay they make some on shipping?I don't trust those paypal only ones but that is probably because I don't use it!Plane looks pretty nice probably a knock off of the seamaster?Good Luck!
Old 01-15-2006, 12:06 AM
piper_chuck
My Feedback: (12)

There are too many things that are not right about this seller. Their first sale ended on the evening of Jan 11. At 7:16 AM, the buyer entered positive feedback? This buyer has a score of 4, and when one looks at the details, they have 7 positive, but 3 negative! Also curious is that the seller listed the item location as "Shipping to street address only". Something else that'ts interesting is that their auctions are only 3 days instead of the typical 7. Sort of looks like they want to sell a bunch of stuff quickly, perhaps before the item not received complaints start coming in. I've seen too many situations like this end with the sudden disappearance of all their sellers auction items followed up by reports of people NOT getting their items.

I personally have never lost money from one of these situations, but I have received emails from the eBay fraud dept telling me that the seller of an item that was in my watched items list has been removed from eBay and if I sent them any money I should report it to eBay.
Old 01-15-2006, 02:50 AM
d_bodary
My Feedback: (85)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This worries me Piper Chuck after researching that he only had one prior sale and that was to a person with three negatives. I came to the same conclusion. Maybe it is a good deal the plane looks nice in the picture. I'm sure the no local pick up is a way to make extra money. Figuring shipping would probably be in the fifteen dollar range. I think i may have to wait.

Dennis
Old 01-15-2006, 07:33 AM
piper_chuck

The local pickup thing is fairly common. They don't want people to find out they are selling from their homes, a storage place, or where ever. I bought something from a person who turned out to have a business about 5 miles from home. I had pre-arranged local pickup. What a pain! The guy was never in and it took over a week to find a time where I could get the item.

There's an alarming trend on eBay that they are allowing sellers to be more and more vague about where they are located and are allowing sellers and buyers to hide their identities too well. My wife has had problems with some buyers and eBay has gotten in the way of her being able to resolve the problem.
Old 01-15-2006, 08:34 AM
moodier
My Feedback: (1)

Ya I won the bid for the that Mig from one of these!Never received info on paying then it came up that he was removed from Ebay.Was glad never sent him any money!!Same kind of add!
Old 01-15-2006, 01:32 PM
lupy

Good arguments to be carefull, I didn't notice how quick the one feedback was I sent an inquiery to that buyer, but I doubt he even has the plane yet. I think I will wait untill the seller has a little more history. Nice looking plane though, I am thinking about a electric conversion for use as a video platform.
Ken
Old 01-20-2006, 09:59 PM
lupy

good call guys, he is no longer a regestered user, still sitting at one pos feedback. Too bad, at ~$90 delivered, it would have been a good buy.
Ken
Old 01-20-2006, 11:34 PM
piper_chuck

IF delivered.
Old 01-25-2006, 09:11 PM
werdna

I purchased this plane & it is well contructed & nice covering job.Only problem I have is the fact there were no plans or assembly drawing.I have assembled the 2 wing halves,added all hinges
installed the engine in the pylon. Does anyone happen to have purchased one of these planes
with the plans? Would appreciate any & all replies. Andy. maybe a call at 603 568 6835 Thanks
Old 01-28-2006, 01:09 AM
d_bodary
My Feedback: (85)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Did you buy this plane off of e-bay from the seller mentioned in the first post? Just curious. Because it is a nice looking plane. Or did you purchase it elsewhere? Thanks

Dennis
Old 01-28-2006, 09:34 PM
werdna

dennis:
i purchased the plane on ebay i don't recall the exact date.the seller took forever to ship due to the fact he was holding my bank certified check & treating it as a personal check.
i did not keep the persons name or address,but other than not having any assembly info.
it's getting frustrating.i downloaded the ace seamaster info which looks like it will help. if you wish i can send you a couple of photos......Andy
Old 02-03-2006, 12:38 AM
foresterxt
My Feedback: (35)

I can't see the orginal Ebay listing so I can't see the plane, but I think I might have purchased the same plane a few months back off ebay. Mine also didn't come with any plans or directions. I finally took it out of the box and started to look at all the pieces. I downloaded the Mariner 40 instructions with did help a bit. It came with a long metal cable and plastic outer sheeth- am I supposed to cut it in half and use it for the rudder and elevator? I've never used a flexible cable before on the rud and elev. Also, It came with a thinner cable (about the thickness of fishing line) which I have no clue what its for. There are also two aluminum bracket looking things which I can't for the life of me figure out what the heck they're for either. I'll try and upload some pictures when I get a chance.

Cheers,

Dave
Old 02-03-2006, 12:57 AM
pauluk2w
My Feedback: (7)

The thinners !QUOT!sheath!QUOT! will be to route your RX antennae, the others I do not know. The one thing I hate about ebay lately is that a lot of the shipping prices are getting higher and higher. I always thought ebay had a policy about excessive shipping costs.
Old 02-03-2006, 02:15 AM
foresterxt
My Feedback: (35)

OK, I was able to muster up enough brain power at 1AM to figure it out. It appears that the rudder is pull-pull setup and the elevator is a flex push-pull. I've never done a pull-pull so it ought to be interesting.
Old 02-05-2006, 08:59 PM
jmupilot

Fishing line is probably for pull/pull rudder. the other is for the elevator, and possibly throttle. I dont have one of these kits , but have seen the nylon line used for rudder.

pete