Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Seaplanes
Reload this Page >

lanier mariner 40 or thunder tiger 40 seamaster?

Community
Search
Notices
Seaplanes Aircraft that typically take off and land on water...radio control seaplane discussions are in here.

lanier mariner 40 or thunder tiger 40 seamaster?

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2002, 08:16 PM
old-sparky

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default lanier mariner 40 or thunder tiger 40 seamaster?

i am needing opinions on both of these. would a os .46 fx engine be strong enough for basic aerobaics? have not purchased engine yet. desire a removable wing and good durability. i built great plains 40 floats for my avistar but found the .40 engine to weak.
Old 12-04-2002, 09:15 PM
staggerwing
My Feedback: (5)

The OS .46 FX is a great engine. It will get the SeaMaster up and flying well to do the basic aerobatics if you are at lower altitudes. If you want more performance you could go to a .60. I have flown a SeaMaster (kit built) for a number of years, have no experience with the Lanier Mariner. My SeaMaster does everything I want it to, except unlimited verticals (LOL) with the Saito .65 that's in it. I fly at 6,000 ft.
Old 12-12-2002, 02:13 PM
Harry Landings
My Feedback: (8)

I fly my Seamaster 40 with a Magnum .46 and it is PLENTY of power. The plane will do loops, rolls, stall turns, spins, inverted flight and lots of stuff I'm not good enough to do. I like it better than the Lanier plane because I can put wheels on it and fly it at the field.
Old 12-12-2002, 02:15 PM
Harry Landings
My Feedback: (8)

I should have added this note: Glue some styrofoam in the nose cone so that if you have a crash the plastic piece will float when it gets ripped off. I learned the hard way that you can't get a replacement for this part.