Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Seaplanes
Reload this Page >

Falcon Trading Gone!

Community
Search
Notices
Seaplanes Aircraft that typically take off and land on water...radio control seaplane discussions are in here.

Falcon Trading Gone!

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2006, 01:00 AM
rslstft
My Feedback: (10)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Falcon Trading Gone!

Seem as though Falcon Trading is no longer in business or at least has stopped importing the ModelFly brand, which of course was the maker of the Ready 2 and Cessna on floats. What a shame, some of the absolute best flying float planes on the market. Guess it's time to search eBay!
Old 03-21-2006, 03:25 PM
Oregon Craig

Default RE: Falcon Trading Gone!

Ya, this has come up in a few threads now. We can hope that ARC-Modelfly will just find a new US distributor.
Don't know what happened with Falcon, which was actually Midwest. []
Old 03-23-2006, 08:21 PM
Wayne22
My Feedback: (2)

Still in stock at my LHS..they have at least 3 that I can see...
Old 03-23-2006, 10:00 PM
SKYPILOT
My Feedback: (9)

This news was a sad shock to my Dad and i as we have 2 Cessnas and 1 Ready and now, NO SPARES resourses[][]
Old 03-24-2006, 04:50 PM
red head

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

As I stated in another post: Go on a search to " ARC Italy " and " ARC MODELFLY ( ITALY )" and you will get some info. what it's worth is up to you. I don't even know about searching but I found a lot. Most is overseas but even that might be able to be used. They also have an email address that might be of use.

If enough people start looking and asking questions maybe some one will pick Modelfly up again here in the States. It's a shame more people didn't get into them as they are a blast and great planes. Guess we will have to get to be better friends with our neighbors across the pond that can get Modelfly stuff.

If anyone finds out where to get Modelfly planes and parts ----- start a new post and let everyone else know so we can keep ours going. GOOD LUCK !!!! ENJOY !!!! RED
Old 03-31-2006, 12:13 AM
Wayne22
My Feedback: (2)

Still in stock at my LHS..they have at least 3 that I can see...
I guess the word got out..only one left on floats , and that is a beaver..there are a few Readys on wheels there though.......
Old 03-31-2006, 04:51 PM
Woody 51

If you're prepared to pay the post costs, HOBBY SHACK SINGAPORE, an ARC Distributor, is quite happy to send models anywhere in the world.
With 1 Singapore $ currently being around 62 cents US, the postal costs are not exhorbitant.
Amy Lim is the overseas sales contact , but she is only available after 1.00 p.m. Singapore Time. They are open 6 days a week (closed Sundays)
Amy sent a C177 model down to Australia for me and she has also sent one my friend, Les, in New Zealand.
Their website is: http://www.hobby-shack.com/index.htm
They have stocks of all the ARC range, including float kits.
However, if you are ordering the ARC Float kit, be aware that the front mounting bracket has to be ordered seperately and the price added to the price of the floats. For the Cessna, it is ARC Kit #34 and the Ready has its own model specific mounting kit, the part no which I am not sure of.

Old 04-02-2006, 11:00 PM
Kmot
My Feedback: (24)

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

It seems Global Hobby Distributors is carrying the line now and selling them through their Hobby People chain under the trade name "Modfly":

http://www.hobbypeople.net/gallery/116016.asp

http://www.hobbypeople.net/gallery/116015.asp