Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Seaplanes
Reload this Page >

Royal Marine

Notices
Seaplanes Aircraft that typically take off and land on water...radio control seaplane discussions are in here.

Royal Marine

Old 10-17-2015, 09:53 AM
RDJeff
My Feedback: (11)

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Royal Marine

Hi gang! I just finished up this plans-built project. Plans came from Outerzone. This one has a 71" wingspan, weighs 7 pounds 9 ounces, powered by a pair of Thunder Tiger GP42s. I'm afraid I'll have to wait until spring to maiden it though.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	004.JPG
Views:	121
Size:	2.11 MB
ID:	2125855  
Old 12-24-2015, 09:55 AM
PeterC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey Man, nice job. I've paused over this design everytime I scan through my old magazines. It is a beautiful design but it's complexity always scared me away. I'm not sure how old the design is (60's) but it's sure nice that you can now install some reliable engines (I like the old GP's because although they are not too powerful they have a great idle and don't burn too much fuel) and a newer, reliable radio system.
I see you are from Alaska so when the water gets soft give us some action shots.
Don't forget to use some fuel with some castor in it; otherwise they will barely run.
Merry Christmas,
Peter
Old 12-24-2015, 11:14 PM
RDJeff
My Feedback: (11)

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Thanks for the kind words! If you're interested in more details, there is a build log on the other site. I always use fuel with castor in it, the only way to go! It might be June before the water softens up enough around here.