Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Seaplanes
Reload this Page >

Retrieval Boats????

Community
Search
Notices
Seaplanes Aircraft that typically take off and land on water...radio control seaplane discussions are in here.

Retrieval Boats????

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2003, 11:47 PM
Flyer29er

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Retrieval Boats????

How would you get a electric boat to pick up a whole plane? I looked on google and haven't seen anyone who posted a pic of a retreval boat. I thought they would have something attached to the boat.

If anyone can plz post pics i am really want to know for when i get my seaplane.
Old 01-05-2003, 04:19 AM
Flyer29er

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

guess not :disappoin :disappoin :cry: :cry:
Old 01-05-2003, 03:03 PM
JimCasey
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The only electric boat I have seen that picks up a plane is the 12' rowboat with a trolling motor and a diehard that we use. When we have used r/c electrics, we just dragged some line and bobbers behind it, circled the plane to wrap it with lin and tangle a bobber on it, and gently dragged it back to shore. Sometimes we attach the line from a spinning rod to the r/c boat. Using hooks on the R/C electric boat is not real practical, 'cause then it would get snarled on something and we'd have to go get it, or the hook would just rip holes in somebody's moneykote anyway.