Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Seaplanes
Reload this Page >

Kadet Sr. Thrust angle?

Community
Search
Notices
Seaplanes Aircraft that typically take off and land on water...radio control seaplane discussions are in here.

Kadet Sr. Thrust angle?

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2006, 09:47 PM
happypappy
My Feedback: (10)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Kadet Sr. Thrust angle?

I know there are some Kadet Sr. flyers in here! Have posted this in another section with no takers on the answer so far. Am finally building my float plane (Kadet Sr. with a Saito 72) and measured the thrust angle with a precision digital angle finder. When measured against the flat wing saddle I find the engine is mounted at 6.2 degrees down. This seems excessive. Also at this angle the cowl does not come close to fitting. I know it takes some down thrust with the wing design but 6 degrees?? Would some kind Kadet owner try and measure for me and get back to me? Thanks..............Pappy
Old 08-31-2006, 09:14 PM
JimCasey
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Kadet Sr. Thrust angle?

Engine low, draggy flat bottom airfoil high: lots of downthrust required.

I'm building a Sr, My cowl fits.

I suppose with floats you >could< cheat in a little less downthrust, but floats are not really much draggier than wheels.
Old 08-31-2006, 09:59 PM
happypappy
My Feedback: (10)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Kadet Sr. Thrust angle?

Called Sig today and indeed, the angle is right on at 6 degrees. With the larger engine and more thrust plus the floats I am going to go to 3 degrees and see what happens. For land I will go to some larger (4 to 4 1/2") tires for some good old drag! Done deal, Lucille!