Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Seaplanes
Reload this Page >

Cap't Eddy's floats

Community
Search
Notices
Seaplanes Aircraft that typically take off and land on water...radio control seaplane discussions are in here.

Cap't Eddy's floats

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2006, 07:03 AM
jmupilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cap't Eddy's floats

Any one have any advice on the Cap't Eddy floats that ACE R/C used to sell? I baought a pair at an auction last week and they look like some nice floats. I have a model in mind for the size floats I got.

Pete
Old 09-27-2006, 10:39 AM
jrf
My Feedback: (551)

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Cap't Eddy's floats

They are a pretty good float on the water, and not too heavy. But a bear to put together. The parts were molded by Lanier on the same line as their "classic" ARFs and the left side almost never matches the right side. Put them together dry and then start tacking with thin CA at the center, working out to both ends. Watch for twists as you go. Once they are tacked together and straight, go over all joints with medium CA.

I put a light ply former down the middle of mine to keep the bottom from pushing in.

Jim