Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Seaplanes
Reload this Page >

Is a royal 45 enough for an seamaster 40 arf?

Community
Search
Notices
Seaplanes Aircraft that typically take off and land on water...radio control seaplane discussions are in here.

Is a royal 45 enough for an seamaster 40 arf?

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2006, 12:32 AM
foodstick

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
Default Is a royal 45 enough for an seamaster 40 arf?

The motor is a low time engine, seems fairly healthy ... wondered if any of you had an opinion on the combination, Its my first dipping of the toes into the water so to speak!
Old 10-19-2006, 07:50 AM
Woody 51

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Is a royal 45 enough for an seamaster 40 arf?

It should be o.k. The Royal will not give you the same performance as say a TT .46 Pro or an OS .46AX, but nevertheless, it should do the job.
Old 10-19-2006, 04:26 PM
Ed_Moorman
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The Royal .45 is a copy of the older OS .45FSR, a really good engine. I know people who used Royal piston and sleeves in OS cases after they wore out the OS. It will pull it fine.
Old 10-19-2006, 06:57 PM
foodstick

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Thanks alot guys, I was hoping it would pull the plane along..it really has been a good motor to me, I don't think it died once this entire season .. And as someone with out a really good tuning ear...that says something!
thanks again..
Old 10-20-2006, 10:16 AM
Turbobeaver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Foodstick,you got yourself a great engine there that will really haul a**The Royal .45 and Magnum Pro .45 were one and the same and were both made by Thunder Tiger in Taiwan back in the 80's.There were minor cosmetic difference on the outside(Chev vs. Pontiac)but under the hood,the parts were identical and totally interchangeable.These engines were very light weight and really put out the power.Even compared to todays Thunder Tiger .46,the Royal and Magnum look much smaller in size and put out just as much power.I have both Thunder Tiger .46's and a Magum Pro .45 and the latter has no problem at all keeping up with the first in the power to weight department.Lastly,they are a true chromed engine(ABC) and were the last that Thunder Tiger produced before changing over to ABN(nickel plating).It'll haul your SeaMaster around no problem at all.I just test flew this exact set up earlier this summer for one of our newer club members and it worked flawlessly.Best of luck to you with your new baby!
Old 11-05-2006, 12:40 AM
Carlos Murphy
My Feedback: (72)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I had a Royal 45 once, came in my first float plane (swap meet).
Sold it for 20 bucks after one day of flying and installed a OS 46