Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Seaplanes
Reload this Page >

Floats for 100" Rearwin Speedster

Community
Search
Notices
Seaplanes Aircraft that typically take off and land on water...radio control seaplane discussions are in here.

Floats for 100" Rearwin Speedster

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2003, 09:28 PM
DKjens
My Feedback: (50)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Floats for 100" Rearwin Speedster

I know BUSA has a kit for about $140.00, but if I am going to build, I wouldn't mind scratching from plans. Can somebody point me to where I can get a kit or ARC or ARF floats for my plane.
DKjens
Old 02-14-2003, 10:30 PM
PeterC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sea commander have the floats you require but they will probably cost twice the $140. You can see other threads about what others think of their floats.
www.seacommander.com
Peter
Old 02-15-2003, 01:51 AM
seaplane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Both my 90" wing span Cub and my 96" Beaver have 42" floats. The Cub floats are 60 size Great Planes and the Beaver's floats are being made from plans from a Unionville Hobbies kit. I have flown the Cub many times and the combination is great. I haven't finished the beaver yet........Seaplane
Old 02-15-2003, 03:39 AM
JimCasey
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Frequent visitors may become annoyed with me about this, bit I have built several links into the Florida Float Flyers website where you can connect to buy floats. Some links even teach you how to make your own. I have gotten reasonably good at making v-bottom foam float cores since BJ is no longer around.

45" floats were mentioned in an earlier message on this thread. I have templates for 45s. I use 'em on my Senior Telemaster. Measure from your rudder post to the prop, and multiply by .75. I don't know why, but that's the universal rule for float length. It works, I accept it. A little bit either way still works. How much does your plane weigh?