Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Seaplanes
Reload this Page >

small glow planes

Community
Search
Notices
Seaplanes Aircraft that typically take off and land on water...radio control seaplane discussions are in here.

small glow planes

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2007, 11:12 AM
Avalanche2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default small glow planes

Hey, Ive got an area at the back of my house that is about 300' x 175'. I'm trying to find a "small" (.25 or so engine) plane that I can play with. I'm still learning but, do fly fly a Sig Mayhem and an Avistar 40. The kicker to this is that most of the area is a pond. with a wall of tress on all sides. A floater would be ok as long as its small. Ive looked at most of the sites but cant really find anything that is small unless its electric. Any suggestions are appreciated.
Old 03-27-2007, 07:11 PM
JimCasey
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: small glow planes

I have a mountain models switchback on floats that works pretty well on my one-acre pond. It has a 2C Li_po and a Himax brushless geared motor. Gets up over the treeline real quick so I can fly around comfortably. And the big prop really slows it down when i chop throttle so I dont have to make a long flat approach through the obstacles.
Old 03-29-2007, 01:22 PM
Avalanche2

nice looking plane.. Im trying hard to stay with glow if I can... what kind of run do you need to get airborne? I have close to 300' of pond and think if I can get (whatever) in the air at 100 -150' I should be able to make the climb over the trees or cut back and get a full run then up and over. Thanks again for you input...
Old 03-29-2007, 06:54 PM
JimCasey
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

>>what kind of run do you need to get airborne?<<

Not much longer than you would need with wheels. I use'ta have a telemaster that would take off in 8 feet, and the Switchback only takes 20 or 30. Less if I really goose it.
Old 03-29-2007, 08:15 PM
Avalanche2

SWEET.. thanks Jim.. I have a little more than 200' of pond length wise with another 75' of ground before the back tree line... I feel pretty sure I can fly the Cub there. Thanks for the help...