Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Seaplanes
Reload this Page >

Cub and Floats

Community
Search
Notices
Seaplanes Aircraft that typically take off and land on water...radio control seaplane discussions are in here.

Cub and Floats

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2003, 05:56 AM
tlpayne
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cub and Floats

Hi there.
I am building a Goldberg anniversary cub 76"WS. I have a set of 36" FG floats, nice and light. Would these be close to the right size? This will be my first float plane and l am not sure how you are to figure out what size of floats you should use. I have some articles on how to set them up, but they mention nothing about size.

Thanks
Old 02-18-2003, 06:22 AM
Wayne22
My Feedback: (2)

Default Cub and Floats

they would be a tad on the long side but will work perfectly. The normal rule of thumb is that the floats are 75% of the fuselage length
Old 02-18-2003, 06:40 AM
tlpayne

Default Cub and Floats

That is perfect. The plane is 48" long. 75% of 48 is 36. Glad l picked up those brand new FG floats from RCU and spent that whole $15.00. The guy threw in the mounting hardware and rudder hardware as well. I kind of feel bad now that l got such a good price and was only guessing what size l needed.

Cheers
Old 02-18-2003, 09:48 PM
cf-drg

Default Spredders

I,ve built 3 sets of GB cub floats for various aircraft.. And one thing I did with all of them was add spredders on them...Just makes them a bit more scale like... 3/4" K&S streamline aluminium tube works good... Just a thought
Old 02-19-2003, 04:12 AM
tlpayne

Default Cub and Floats

Sounds good. I will have to find some scale pictures to see how well l can replicate the floats with spreaders.

Cheers