Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Seaplanes
Reload this Page >

DH Beaver for G-62

Community
Search
Notices
Seaplanes Aircraft that typically take off and land on water...radio control seaplane discussions are in here.

DH Beaver for G-62

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2007, 03:02 PM
jhunter
My Feedback: (20)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DH Beaver for G-62

Who has a good kit or plans for a DH Beaver on floats? I thought the Ikon Northwest was big enough at 96" but they recommend a 120 4 cyl. I have a G-62 just waitin for a project, thanks.
Old 06-25-2007, 07:13 PM
cgcrc

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: DH Beaver for G-62

Re the large size Beaver for the G-62.
Yes, there is one out there. Go to www.seacommander.com

Then go to the kits. There is a 127" DHC-2 Beaver on floats. It is offered as a "short" kit with alot of fiberglass components.
The owner of the company is Ryan Holm, nice fellow, he has the molds and will lay up the fiberglass components. (He is closed until mid July). Have ordered numerous things from him, excellent quality.

I have one of these models previously produced by Coastline Models. I had assisted Ryan with some of the tech. and admin. details to get his model into re production.
Haven't finished the model yet but have the Zenoah G-62, will be using a FEMA "Compact" electric starter.

Regards
cgcrc

Old 06-25-2007, 08:57 PM
bear 57

I assure you that the G 62 and the coastline or Sea Commander beaver is a very nice match.
I have had in the past many enjoyable flights with my Beaver and the G 62. My Beaver is now 15 years old and is presently awaiting "refit". It was made from the same mold used by Coastline and Sea Commander. Still using the same G 62.
I hope this is of some help.
Lorne
Old 06-26-2007, 01:35 AM
jhunter
My Feedback: (20)

Thanks gents, I'll have a look, sounds good. I am currently installing a FEMA on board starter for a G-38 on a 1/4 scale World Models J3 Cub. This customer also wants the Sea Commander scale EDO floats, hence the G-38, our elevation is around 5500 msl. The starter is a pretty sweet setup, the only concerns I had was the fitting of the Bennett muffler on the back of the engine, for this to work I had to cut out a lot of the firewall area and build a "box" for the muffler to set back into to get the right engine length, and a 2.5" hole for the starter ring gear to pass thru the firewall. Very good system, the only thing left are the floats and Sea Commander is still on spring break! The Beaver sounds ideal, I just hope the cost is resonable.