Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Seaplanes
Reload this Page >

Any one remenber the Little Swell by Ken Willard

Community
Search
Notices
Seaplanes Aircraft that typically take off and land on water...radio control seaplane discussions are in here.

Any one remenber the Little Swell by Ken Willard

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2007, 12:51 PM
jetranger-RCU
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Any one remenber the Little Swell by Ken Willard

I built one back in the 60's and had a 049 on it free flight, what a rocket ship. Just built another one, it's for 020 not 049. May put small electric or 010--020 in Don't know yet. Any one esle ever had one. Has 33 inch wing, builds in 2-3 nights all balsa cost about $10 or less to build. Would make a great small pond flyer.
Old 08-20-2007, 11:27 AM
mcledan

Default RE: Any one remenber the Little Swell by Ken Willard

Yes I do.

I only have the copy of the MAN 6-65 mag article. I hope to make a full size plan from it and scratch build one. I have a PAW 55 or an Astro 010 brushless that should fly it well.

I did a similar thing with another of Ken's designs the Showboat from RCM 11-88.
There have been 2 planes built from my homebrew plan. Both fly well. Mine has flown exclusively on diesel power so far. The second one is flying with an electric.

If you have a spare copy of the plan for the Lil Swell, I would love to obtain one ;^)
Pls PM me at [email protected]

I hope to build the Drake(no ref.) and the Duckling (MB 6-82) some day too.

L8R
Dan
Ottawa, Ont., Can.
Old 08-20-2007, 04:28 PM
jimsp

Default RE: Any one remenber the Little Swell by Ken Willard

MAN still have the plans for sale. They are $9.95. Until the end of August they have free shipping within the USA.