Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Seaplanes
Reload this Page >

Seawind (nitro) What Prop w/ Saito FA100?

Community
Search
Notices
Seaplanes Aircraft that typically take off and land on water...radio control seaplane discussions are in here.

Seawind (nitro) What Prop w/ Saito FA100?

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2007, 08:08 PM
SR-71

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Seawind (nitro) What Prop w/ Saito FA100?

I just started on a Seawind (nitro) project. I decided to put a Saito 100 on it. I purchased a Master Airscrew 11x7 3-blade prop, but was told the Saito would over-rev with this prop. Any Seawind owners out there that opt'ed for a Saito FA100 engine? If so, what prop did you end up using?

Also the Great Planes Nose Cone hardware doesn't mate up with the Saito prop shaft threads. Any suggestions for a different brand Nose Cone?

Please PM to: [email protected]

Thanks,

Butch
Old 09-04-2007, 08:07 PM
RVman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Seawind (nitro) What Prop w/ Saito FA100?

The graupner 12.5-7 3 blade would work good, it is an excellent propeller. I know the saito 82 will turn it around 9000 so the 100 should be in the high 9's. A 13" prop will fit but the pod can flex enough that it can nick the fuse top in a hard landing or similar.
Note that takeoff and landing are easier on land so best to maiden off land and get used to the plane before taking it on water.