Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Seaplanes
Reload this Page >

G&P Sales

Community
Search
Notices
Seaplanes Aircraft that typically take off and land on water...radio control seaplane discussions are in here.

G&P Sales

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2007, 06:16 PM
Scotsman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default G&P Sales

Anybody know if Bill Price and G&P Sales are still taking orders or selling their kits? I've left a few phone messages on their machine and sent a few e-mails, but no reply as yet? Hopefully they are still around. I am very interested in their HU-16B kit. ANybody have any experience with that kit or any of their others?
Old 10-02-2007, 06:37 PM
Chip_Mull
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: G&P Sales

Bill works at a technical college and stays extremely busy during the school year. For the last few semesters he has been working on his pilot ratings through the Airline Transport Rating. Keep trying and you will catch him. Between flying, school, and the church, Bill stays very busy and it takes its toll on his kit production. Be persistant, it's worth the wait.
Old 10-03-2007, 08:01 AM
Scotsman

Thanks Chip,

I'll keep trying! At least he is still in operation and just very busy. I may even try that old fashioned stuff called snail mail to catch his time...

Scot
Old 10-03-2007, 07:48 PM
Wayne22
My Feedback: (2)

My son bought one of his P-51 kits..... in hindsight, it was a waste of money. The fuse is made of matt fiberglass, and the wood parts are all door skin plywood which splinters easily. The outline of the fuse is not bad but the wing is not even close to being close to scale. There were far too many issues that made it impossible to even mate the wing to the fuselage. And on top of that, it was a very expensive kit!!

Generally I support the little guy, but in all honesty, all we got was a box of overpriced parts that will never fly.....
Old 10-04-2007, 09:26 AM
Newc

On the other hand, the fuse and other fiberglass parts from Bill for my PBN Nomad were excellent. Not too surprising since he teaches fiberglass manufacturing as well as running the aviation department at his college. I agree that the wood parts could have been better, but any difficulties were easily overcome and may have been the result of my own feelings about the parts being different that some other's feelings. The parts fit of wings, pylon, fuse, nacelles, cowls, etc. was excellent.

When I last spoke with Bill (about two years ago) he was talking about taking a break from kit building, but he may be back at it by now. He has always been dificult to get hold of.