Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Seaplanes
Reload this Page >

LazyBee

Community
Search
Notices
Seaplanes Aircraft that typically take off and land on water...radio control seaplane discussions are in here.

LazyBee

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2008, 05:45 AM
siddus74

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LazyBee

I have got a plan and was considering building a lazy bee as a float plane, I really would like to replicate the covering scheme. Can any one offer any advice with regards to getting the black schollops on the yellow covering? I guess I can tissue and dope it then spray it yellow then mask it once more for the schollops. Solar film yellow is an option for the actual main covering but solarfilm on solarfilm for the schollops in any great expanses can cause air bubbles and then with fact that it may get covered in water on occasion could cause it to lift. Solar trim does not go around corners nicely at all and solartex is heavy on a model this size?

Any ideas?
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ca81218.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	51.4 KB
ID:	934474  
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
Ni24468.jpg (684.0 KB, 12 views)
Old 04-25-2008, 01:36 AM
WALKERS210-RCU
My Feedback: (36)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: LazyBee

I have been a big fan and loved the Lazy Bee since the first time I saw one fly years back. Would love to put one on floats bet it would be a blast to fly. Plane looks great with floats
Old 04-25-2008, 12:51 PM
JimCasey
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: LazyBee

When I built my Lazy Bees, the plan had the scalloped markings drawn so that it could be used as a template for cutting the covering.

I built the BIG LzB and used conventional floats with complete success.